Mission and Core Values
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
Our Core Values
- Our patients are the reason for our being, and their needs will drive all of our actions.
- We will treat everyone (including patients, their families, referring offices, and colleagues) with dignity, respect and compassion.
- We will work as a team, utilizing collaboration, active participation and open communication among all physicians and staff.
- We will continue to innovate ways to improve the delivery of excellent, high value care.
- We will measure successes and failures, and use the results to drive further improvement.
- We will be a good neighbor in the communities we serve with donations of time, talent and capital.
- We will be ethical and accountable in all of our decisions and actions.
Our Medical Decision-Making Policy
Confluence Health requires that all utilization-related decisions regarding member services be based on appropriateness of care and service. Financial rewards or incentives must not influence any utilization decision. No rewards or incentives are issued by Confluence Health that may discourage appropriate care and services to its patients/members. Under-utilization is to be avoided whenever possible.
We do not reward practitioners, providers or employees for issuing denials of coverage or service. All denials must be based strictly on insufficient medical appropriateness or not a covered benefit.