Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
The Cardiovascular Service, Quality Analyst provides knowledge, support, and guidance to Confluence Health on the quality of care provided through the translation of data into operational improvement and action. Through inquiry, study, and application of best practice standards, the Quality Analyst reviews performance, safety, and clinical information to effectively determine opportunities to improve patient outcomes and/or operational functions. This position functions under the supervision of the Cardiovascular Service Line Director and Cath Lab Manager.
1. Partners with Quality and Cardiovascular Service Line team members in the maintenance of an organizational performance measurement system.
2. Assist in the compilation and maintenance of reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc. using statistical tools and techniques.
3. Abstract, monitor, evaluate, and report on disease specific registries and quality measure programs.
4. Provide on-site support (e.g., management inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting assistance, miscellaneous research) and provides data abstracted to the Cardiovascular Clinical Coordinator.
5. Conduct focused studies including clinical chart review, data abstraction, trend and risk analysis as directed.
6. Participate in performance improvement initiatives as directed utilizing LEAN methodology.
7. Understand the clinical and operational implications of measuring patient safety, core measures, readmissions, hospital acquired conditions, mortality, complications and other performance improvement initiatives.
8. Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, as well as having a strong customer oriented focus.
9. Work with and coordinate across multi-disciplinary groups.
10. Effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Statistical Graphics.
11. Demonstrate the following traits: creative, open to new challenges, driven by looking for opportunities to improve delivery of quality patient care.
12. Possess current knowledge of healthcare processes and documentation practices.
13. Exhibit high degree of comfort working with data, using statistical methods to identify trends and using data to drive change.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
A minimum of two years of data abstraction experience with National Registries, with an Associates in a related field from an accredited school where the curriculum included Statistics.
Two years of experience in healthcare setting.
Experience in managing/analyzing data.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or a Bachelor of Science and Nursing or higher.
Cardiology, Trauma or Stroke Experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply