Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide medical nutrition therapy. Primarily focused on Clinical Nutrition for Inpatient/Acute Care and CWH Transitional Care Unit/WVH Rehab for patients of all ages. May include outpatient nutrition counseling. Must be self-directed and able to work independently. Fosters continuity of care across the continuum of care.
- Assesses nutrition needs and identifies nutrient requirements specific to disease state and age. Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of medical nutrition therapy intervention.
- Provides nutrition education to patient and family.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Rounds.
- Develop and lead Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab classes, community education classes, and staff education.
- Precept Interns and students.
- Participates in LEAN performance improvement and research activities.
- Assist with administrative and special projects as assigned by manager.
- Actively assesses, evaluates and maintains professional development and competency related to the position description.
- Work with nutrition ambassadors and food service staff to provide quality nutrition care to patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of jobperformance at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition.
- Successful completion of Accredited Dietetic Internship.
- Registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration, or eligible to take Registered Dietitian exam within 3 months of hire.
- Extensive computer knowledge and aptitude, including Windows navigation, Microsoft Office products, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding , email communication and password management.
- Washington State Certified Dietitian.
- 2 years of acute care experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or additional professional certifications.
- Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or ASPEN.
- Electronic Medical Records experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply