Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To assist in the Echo Lab at Confluence Health Satellite, Moses Lake, coordinated by the Technical Director, by performing echocardiography exams in a highly accurate and professional fashion. To participate in the ongoing Quality Assurance program of the Echocardiography Lab. To assist as needed in performing services in the Cardiology Department based on training, availability, and as coordinated through the Technical Director. Adheres to departmental policies and philosophies to provide customers with highest quality service.
- Reports to the Technical Director, Area Manager, and the Cardiovascular Service Line Manager.
- Perform the Echocardiography exams using the Confluence Health protocol, based on the Guidelines of the American Society of Echocardiography, and provide any additional information and measurements needed to make an accurate and thorough study for interpretation by the reading physician.
- To perform Echocardiography exams and editing for physician interpretation in a timely fashion using Phillips IE33 ultrasound machines and Xcelera Digital reporting system.
- To provide STAT exams when it is determined medically necessary or requested by an ordering physician for quality patient care.
- Report any equipment malfunction or breakage promptly to the Technical Director.
- To work with co-workers in accordance with the Confluence Health Standards to provide a high quality of patient care.
- Adhere to Confluence Health Policy and Procedure.
- Participates in education and orientation of staff members.
- Attends required department meetings, in-services, peer review conferences, and in-services as required by ICAEL standards, and serves on committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains required CME’s.(30 per triennium minimum).
- Assist the physician with (TEE) Transesophageal Echocardiography procedures.
- Performs Stress and Dobutamine Stress Echo exams after proficiency is demonstrated.
- Maintains mandatory BCLS and Safety classes yearly.
- Maintains professional certification through ARDMS or CCI.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Successful completion of an Echocardiography program which includes didactic and supervised clinical experience in echocardiography. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) must accredit this program.
- Minimum of 12 months of echocardiography practice experience with the performance of at least 800 echocardiogram/Doppler exams.
- An appropriate credential in echocardiography, (ARDMS or CCI) OR successful completion of ARDMS or CCI within 6 to 12 months of hire. Failure to pass within this time frame may lead to termination.
- Current BCLS certificate.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to perform the duties stated under technical responsibilities.
- Be able to identify acquired and congenital cardiac disease and various arrhythmias through the use of Echocardiography, to obtain adequate and accurate information for physician interpretation.
- Must have the ability to relate effectively with co-workers, physicians and general staff as part of a team in a professional manner at all times.
- Be able to communicate well to patients, family members and the general public.
- Respond calmly and effectively in stressful environments.
- Willing to perform the Echocardiography exam at all Clinic locations when necessary.
- To serve as an ambassador of Confluence Health to all patients and visitors at all times.
- Not Specified
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply