Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
The Epic Reporting Analyst I understands how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create information. They must work well within a team environment. The reporting team is an integral part of the overall support for the health care system. The reporting team works closely with application teams to support the Epic electronic health record within the Confluence Health information technology department.
1. Gathers enough information to solve the problem at hand and considers other information that may be relevant to the “big picture”.
2. Effectively analyze data in order to identify trends or patterns. Utilize report writing tools from various systems to provide data and reports.
3. Generates ideas and plans that solve the specific problem and are generally consistent with broader organizational objectives.
4. Provide assistance to leadership by developing reports to manage day-to-day operations.
5. Able to use analytical skills for moderately complex analysis and problem resolution, planning and designing portions of applications.
6. Produces quality results within established timelines. Engages in activities beyond scope of own job when asked to do so.
7. Follows established standards, methodologies and procedures. Provides input into improving and/or developing standards, policies and procedures.
8. Performs own tasks effectively to meet deadlines. Monitors progress of others to ensure project portions meets deadlines.
9. Estimates specific time frames for own tasks and general time frames to accomplish goals of assigned portions of the project.
10. Contributes to projects by determining tasks and priorities necessary to accomplish given objectives. Participates in defining project plans and goals, and managing portions of a project.
11. Actively reinforces the common vision of the work group and openly supports changes within the organization.
12. Actively participates in customer meetings and reinforces CH strategic direction.
13. Handles challenges in own work area, is confident taking on new tasks and projects, even when not familiar to him/her.
14. Approaches work load by maintaining balance between outcomes and process.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Bachelor’s degree or three years of health care business analysis experience.
Ability to work independently and in team environments.
Attend Epic training and become certified in clarity data model within one year of hire date.
Successfully pass an online pre-employment aptitude test for eligibility in a reporting role.
Attend or fulfill ongoing annual training that is required by Confluence Health.
Superior time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
Ability to attend off-site classes and seminars to complete/maintain certification(s) as assigned.
1 to 3 years reporting experience with one or more data mining tools: Business Objects Web. Intelligence, Crystal Reports, reporting workbench, radar dashboards or SQL.
Epic data model certification in ambulatory or inpatient.
Ability to identify key users/staff and develop strong working relationships.
Knowledge of health care organizations and clinical/hospital work flow.
Ability to work with clinical staff, Providers and managers to identify needs.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply