Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Supports Confluence Health’s Occupational Medicine department by providing excellent service and quality patient care. Performs and coordinates direct, and in-direct, patient care activities in multiple settings, including on-site at employer locations, utilizing a variety of nursing skills and functions.
1. Provides leadership, daily direction and supervision to the health care team in the delivery of quality patient care.
2. Serves as clinical resource and decision maker for employees, management, and external stakeholders and participates in training of health care staff.
3. Facilitate and perform patient care services by request, including:
Routine and emergency triage, by phone or in person, for on-the-job incidents, recognizing urgent situations and/or makes appropriate recommendations and/or health care referrals.
History taking and nursing assessment.
Administration of immunizations, blood draws, urine collections.
Respirator medical evaluation and fit testing.
Tuberculosis screening, including PPD skin testing, placement and reading.
Bloodborne, and other pathogens/hazardous substance, exposure counseling and follow-up evaluation.
Case management for injured workers not following through with recommended treatment plan.
POCT: Audiograms, vital capacity, other employment-related physical evaluations.
4. Provides counseling and advice pertaining to lab results, smoking, stress, weight/diet and other wellness related problems in collaboration with clinical providers. Refers employee to appropriate internal and external resources.
5. Actively participates in clinical performance improvement activities.
6. Required to obtain and maintain active certifications in: Basic Life Support (CPR), NIOSH-approved Spirometry Training, Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist (COHC),
7. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Current and valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Washington.
Excellent Communication Skills.
Knowledge of OSHA, Work Injury, and L&I guidelines.
Occupational Health Nurse Certification.
5+ years of clinical experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply