Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Evening/Night Shift
The Transfer Center Coordinator facilitates patient admissions, transfers from outlying facilities and assists with coordination of specially consults. Responsible for managing communication, information and processes that facilitate the patient transfers, admissions and/or specialty consults from other facilities utilizing evidence based criteria, guidelines and regulations. Coordinator ensure appropriate level of care based on patient’s medical necessity and facility ability. The Transfer Center Coordinator coordinates the communication between providers and facility staff to ensure safe, efficient, and timely transfers of patients from other facilities, and providers to CWH.
1. Evaluates, coordinate and manages telephone calls from outlying facilities regarding patient admissions, transfers and specialty consults in an efficient and timely manner.
2. Exhibit excellent communication and customer service skills with members of the health care team to facilitate patient care.
3. Operates closely and collaboratively to maintain up to date knowledge on the facilities bed availability and capacity.
4. Participates in facilitation and improving processes in patient flow and implementation of processes to expedite safe patient transfers.
5. Conduct recorded calls for quality assurance purposes, evaluates and marks calls for quality review.
6. Able to efficiently perform multiple tasks to facilitate coordinated transfers and admissions.
7. Facilitates the accurate unit assignment of patient based on needed level of care.
8. Performs community outreach and marketing to improve communication, processes and increase volume of transfers.
9. Communicates effectively with the Director of Transfer Center, Medical Liaison of Transfer Center, Administrator on Call, House Supervisor, and others of administration, and physician organization.
10. Collects and maintains various types of data to monitor quality, identifying factors that affect quality and outcomes. Assists department to utilize data to create process and quality improvements.
11. Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance to Confluence Health Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance.
12. Adheres to facilities policies, procedures and guidelines.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Competency Expectations:
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Knowledge— maintains a working knowledge of federal/state regulatory, facility guidelines and policies related to the role, maintains a strong health care knowledge base.
Skill–critical thinking, prioritization and organizational skills, telephone functions, use of call recording software.
Ability–able to function on various computer software systems, excellent customer service and problem solving ability.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an acute care setting as a Health Care Professional with demonstrated expertise in specific clinical area.
Current RN licensure in the state of Washington.
Currently certified in BLS, and recertified annually.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Experience in coordination or supervising in an acute care setting.
Experience in a customer service role.
Critical care or emergency department experience.
Knowledge of utilization management as it relates to third-party payers.
Knowledge of post-acute care community resources.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply