Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
An Optician is an Optical Technician as well as a Retail Sales Consultant. S/he must be trained in technical aspects of an Optician as well as have the skills to sell all of the current fashion products available today.
- Sales of eyeglasses, including determining of lenses and frames best suited to patient.
- Ordering of patient prescriptions and restock inventory.
- Maintain dispensary sales areas. Updating displays and promotions as necessary.
- Assist with clerical duties, insurance billing and accounts payable.
- Participate in professional development activities to maintain current skills and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Comply with organization annual training requirements: CPR and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Licensed Optician or Apprentice Optician.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have knowledge of retail optical shop industry.
- Must be able to identify needs/want of our target population.
- Must possess basic sales skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply