Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To perform clinical management for patients on medication therapy within the pharmacist scope of practice as defined in State law (WAC, RCW). The clinical pharmacist will also provide patient and family education and coordinate communication with patients and other healthcare providers regarding medication therapy and the associated disease states. The clinical pharmacist is the medication expert on the integrated care team and acts as a resource to team members. The purpose it to fulfill the goal of integrated services, providing the highest quality of patient care as a member of the care team.
- Monitors medication therapy within the scope of practice as outlined in State law.
- In collaboration with the Physician Director or Manager, interprets the information in the medical record and the results of testing (laboratory, vitals, etc.) required for monitoring and adjusts medication therapy as described in protocol and as authorized by CDTA to work towards therapeutic goals and successful patient adherence.
- Performs ongoing assessment of patient risk factors, indications for therapy, and works for optimization of therapeutic regimens.
- Maintains competence in CPT coding and maintains competence by passing regular compliance audits.
- Documents appropriately in the electronic medical record, including all patient care activities, patient and family teaching, and communication with members of the patient care team.
- Communicates with patients, family members, and other health care providers. Serves as a liaison to promote coordinated health care across the continuum.
- Coordinate follow-up with patients and other health care providers.
- Demonstrate competency and proficiency in essential job functions by maintaining active credentialed status via Confluence Health delegated credentialing through the Medical Staffing Office.
- Maintain professional appearance and manner.
- Actively seek to establish/maintain positive working relationships with staff, physicians and management of the organization.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Licensing: Current pharmacist license in the State of Washington. Persons eligible for licensure will be considered contingent upon obtaining a WA State license.
- Education: PharmD degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Experience: Three years of experience as a clinical pharmacist in the ambulatory setting OR successful completion of a pharmacy practice residency with ambulatory care experience.
One of the following certifications is preferred and will be required within 24 months of exam eligibility: BCPS, BCACP, CACP or equivalent certification.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply