Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
Pharmacy Assistants are persons who are trained in the practical, operative and distributive aspects of pharmacy practice. Pharmacy Assistants assist pharmacists in the routine, day to day functions of pharmacy practice to ensure a successful operation of the pharmacy. Through the performance of these tasks and through collaboration with pharmacists, Assistants allow pharmacists to engage in patient care activities that ultimately improve the quality of patient care. Assistants are supervised by licensed pharmacists who verify the accuracy of their job performance.
1. Utilize a computer system for entering and maintaining patient demographic, medical and insurance information.
2. Answer telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Assist customers, patients and other employees at front counter.
4. Operate cash register and charge card terminal.
5. Assist customers with location and sale of over-the-counter medications.
6. Process third-party insurance billing and reconciliation.
7. Perform necessary filing, documentation, record keeping and tasks for daily operations.
8. Adheres to all policy and procedures related to narcotic documentation, distribution and record keeping.
9. Assist with procuring prescriptions and orders from other Hospital and Professional Building departments.
10. Performs as needed deliveries of medications to the patient care areas in a timely manner.
11. Enters patient medication credits and charges in the computer in order to accurately bill patient accounts.
12. Assists in ordering pharmaceuticals, supplies and special orders on a routine and emergency basis.
13. Assists in inventory control and scheduled inventory.
14. Assists in checking in freight and stocking shelves.
15. Assists in performing monthly checks for outdated medications.
16. Repackages bulk medications into unit dose packages to assist in the delivery and accuracy of patient medications.
17. Assist Outpatient Pharmacy Coordinator and Lead Technician with work load organization and planning in order to accomplish daily tasks, as well ad broad goals and objectives.
18. Assist with weekly, monthly, and yearly report gathering.
19. Assists in organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
20. Clean equipment used in the performance of duties. Assist in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
21. Meets priorities as established by the Pharmacy Director and Outpatient Pharmacy Coordinator.
22. Performs other activities/responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the pharmacy department.
23. Attends meetings as required.
24. Communicates positively and effectively in a team approach with co-workers within and outside the department.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High School graduate.
- Pharmacy Assistant License.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Previous pharmacy assistant experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply