Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time Temporary
Shift: Day Shift
***Please note: this is a full time, temporary position***
A Registered Polysomnographic Technician performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis under the supervision of the clinical director. Polysomnographic Technician s performs and evaluates diagnostic and therapeutic sleep studies on patients referred to the Center. A Polysomnographic Technician can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Trainee and can provide oversight of the trainee.
1. Review history, physical information, medications, procedure request, study protocol, and explain procedure and orient the patient to the sleep center to help ensure appropriate sleep study.
2. Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning.
3. Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
4. Observe calibration tracings to verify signals are artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
5. Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals.
6. Follow procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, Positive Airway Pressure Titration (PAP), etc.] to ensure collection of appropriate data.
7. Follow “lights out” procedures to establish and document baseline values (such as body position, oxyhemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates, etc.)
8. Participate in Polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
9. Implement appropriate interventions (including therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
10. Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
11. Follow “lights on” procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeats the physiological and instrument calibrations and instructs the patient on completing questionnaires, etc.)
12. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
13. Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
14. Equipment care and maintenance and inventory evaluation.
15. Respond to study participant’s sleep-related inquires by providing appropriate information.
16. Maintain current CPR certification.
17. Effective written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Successful completion of a polysomnography program, of no less than one year duration, associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility.
- Post secondary education in related health field and completion of Polysomnographic Technician I qualifications and competencies, and experience in positive airway pressure titration and oxygen administration as documented by competency assessment.
- Registered with Board certified program such as BRPT.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply