Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To efficiently and accurately manage multi-specialty patient visits schedules so that quality patient care can be provided in a timely, productive and pleasant manner.
1. Answers the telephone in a timely manner and directs the calls to the appropriate personnel.
2. Makes appointments, understanding the scheduling needs of the various physicians, so that patient access for clinical concerns is accomplished in a timely fashion. This will include canceling and rescheduling appointments.
3. Keeps current on the scheduling and staffing situation in all locations where the department doctors serve patients in order to coordinate timely visits for patients and efficient and productive schedules for the physicians.
4. Effectively communicate all schedule changes to the appropriate personnel.
5. Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
6. Competent use of telephones, computers, printers, copiers, and fax machines.
7. Consistently monitor the physician’s schedules to ensure each providers schedule templates are full.
8. Evenly distribute patients to all providers to ensure even utilization of schedule. Priority should be given to patients requesting a specific physician. If a patient does not have a physician preference, the appointment will be scheduled to the physician with open slots to ensure load balancing across the department.
9. Provide feedback on workload, scheduling issues, and refinements to the Department Supervisor.
10. Ensure that necessary referral information for office visits and other related services are obtained prior to the scheduled event. When assigned:
a. Contacts appropriate entities (PCP’s, insurance companies, employers, etc.) as required to obtain information necessary to obtain referrals for scheduled services three days prior to scheduled services.
b. Utilizes on-line resources and external websites for efficient processing of referrals.
c. Documents coverage, authorization information, etc., in patients’ Epic medical record.
11. Other department clerical duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Ability to relate effectively with co-workers, physicians, and staff and to function as part of a team.
- Ability to relate effectively to patients, family members, and the general public.
- Ability to work efficiently amidst ongoing distractions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to speak to others with a pleasant phone manner.
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy; the ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to reason and think logically to solve problems.
- Ability to use judgment and make decisions.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public in confrontational situations.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient information.
- Ability to perform work against deadlines.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm is desirable.
- Ability to negotiate and work through issues and the ability to communicate effectively in written form.
- Medical terminology course.
- Previous experience in a medical or related type of facility or office.
- Prior computer experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply