Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
Perform all routine and special ultrasound procedures. Provide patients with safe, courteous and efficient care. Assist in other sections of the department as needed.
1. Prepares for and performs all ultrasound examinations.
2. Completes “Informed Consent” forms as needed.
3. Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
4. Maintains the cleanliness of the ultrasound unit and associated minor equipment in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
5. Follows proper protocol for each different exam performed to include all anatomy.
6. Sonographer must assist the radiologist with procedure and operate ultrasound machine.
7. Displays proper sterile technique.
8. Places lab specimens in proper location with proper labeling and forms filled in with correct patient information.
9. Required to take standby and be on call as needed.
10. If on call, will be available within 20 minutes of notification of need. (CWH)
11. If working less than 40 hours per week, may be required to work scheduled days off.
12. Follows good quality assurance and infection control procedures.
13. Understands and follows all universal blood and body substance precautions and personal protective equipment requirements.
14. Provides courteous and efficient patient care.
15. Completes required paperwork for each examination performed.
16. Lifts patients as needed and when this can be accomplished safely and according to policy. Transfers patients using safe ergonomic technique and utilizes the hydraulic lift or other safe patient handling devices and the patient’s family members or caregivers when necessary.
17. Utilizes PACS, RIS, and current EMR efficiently.
18. Maintains licensures/certifications in current and good standing.
19. Complies with all continuing education requirements as dictated by regulatory entities.
20. Participate in Quality Improvement Programs.
21. Ability to deal effectively with public in confrontational situations.
22. Ability to respond calmly in an emergency situation and adhere to Confluence Health Policy.
23. Attend department meetings and participate in all annual required training and in-service training.
24. Adhere to Confluence Health Code of Conduct, (Policy 4229).
25. Adhere to Confluence Health Dependability: Attendance and Tardiness Standards, (Policy 4208).
26. Ability to accept leadership from superiors and Confluence Health Management.
27. Address patients, visitors, families’, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner: display courtesy at all times.
28. Respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries and requests.
29. Assist co-workers without being asked.
30. Display an unhurried and caring manner with visitors, families, and co-workers when performing duties.
31. Maintain confidentiality of all patient or physician related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
32. Demonstrate a pleasing disposition and sensitivity to visitors’, families, and co-workers’ needs.
33. Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote positive visitor, family, and co-worker relations.
Communicate, cooperate and perform related duties with other co-workers in your department and in other departments in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall health system goals and objectives.
Greet all visitors, families, and co-workers, patient and physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times. Respond to all visitors, clients, families, and co-workers with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
Handle all requests with a positive attitude at the time the request is made.
Assume the responsibility for maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all those working or being cared for in the health system.
Demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest and most reliable quality service available on a daily basis.
Strive for positive change in your work area. Cooperate with team members in a constructive and supportive manner.
Be responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department.
Demonstrate ethical conduct and practices.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Completion of an accredited course in ultrasound technology approved by the ARDMS.
- Clinical experience in ultrasound obtained during completion of an approved course listed above.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for the examination to be performed.
- Ability to perform all routine exams, including surgery & biopsy procedures.
- Knowledge of the factors of ultrasonic exposure sufficient to operate equipment safely.
- Knowledge of PACS, RIS, and EMR.
- A working knowledge of computers, accurate keyboarding skills, and email communication.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and communicate effectively in written form.
- Ability to have attention to detail, checking all work for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work against deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with high volumes and multiple interruptions.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- ARDMS registered or registry eligible and actively pursuing registry in one or more special areas (OB/GYN, ABD). (If not registered, must be registered within 6 months of hire date.)
- Other certificates or registries as requested prior to or during employment.
- ARDMS registered in vascular technology within one year of employment at CWH.
- BLS for healthcare providers.
- Not Specified
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply