Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Provides accurate and impartial on-site spoken language interpretation services requiring proficiency in oral and written English and the target language to assist Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients and SMC medical providers and personnel to ensure linguistically appropriate care. Abides by organization and department standards as well as the National Code of Ethics for Interpreting in Healthcare. Must pass a competency exam and skills assessment. Take a lead position in support of the Contact Center Leadership team and the interpreter team.
1. Interprets oral and written medical information at the direction of the practitioner. Interprets for all support personnel, provides patient education and assists with triage for patient care via the practitioner.
2. Adheres to department patient handling performance standards.
3. Spoken Language interpretation (in person, telephone, or VRI (video remote interpretation) through Skype.
4. Returns phone calls to patients as directed by the practitioner and support staff.
5. Cares for patients via telephone by accurately taking care of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and confirming appointments and sending complete and concise Telephone Encounter on patient’s behalf when needed.
6. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines and remains professional at all times.
7. Within one year of hire will be required to pass testing to ensure that they are Qualified staff per section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. They will be required to use their bilingual skills as part of their job duties.
8. Working with the Contact Center Leadership Team to lead and support the team as a whole and to act as the lead to the Interpreter Team.
9. Be able to work with the leaders of the Moses Lake Interpreter Team to ensure standardization with both groups to lead and support the team as a whole and to act as the lead to the Interpreter Team.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
Previous experience as interpreter/translator in medical office setting with the use of Medical Terminology.
Pass testing proving that you are a “Qualified” Interpreter to ensure compliance with the Office of Civil Rights, section 1557.
Desire to be DSHS or Nationally Certified in Interpreting.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply