Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
***Please note: this position is a pool position, no guarantee of hours. It also requires occasional travel to Royal City and Waterville.***
Pharmacy technicians are persons who are skilled or trained in the practical, technical and distributive aspects of pharmacy practice. Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in the routine, day to day functions of pharmacy practice. Through the performance of these tasks and through collaboration with pharmacists, technicians allow pharmacists to engage in patient care activities that ultimately improve the quality of patient care. Technicians are supervised by licensed pharmacists who verify the accuracy of their job performance.
1. Process and prepare prescriptions through pharmacy computer system as allowed under state and federal laws and regulations.
2. Utilize a computer system for entering and maintaining patient demographic, medical and insurance information.
3. Adheres to all policy and procedures related to narcotic documentation, distribution and record keeping.
4. Process third-party insurance billing and reconciliation. Keep current with updates in plans, procedures required for prior authorization and audits.
5. Assist customers, patients and other employees at front counter. Operate cash register and charge card terminal.
6. Compounds non-sterile stock preparations according to established policies and procedures.
7. Assists customers with sale of over-the-counter medications.
8. Performs as needed deliveries of medications to the patient care areas in a timely manner.
9. Assists in ordering pharmaceuticals, supplies and special orders on a routine and emergency basis.
10. Assists in inventory control.
11. Assists in checking in freight and stocking shelves.
12. Assists in performing monthly checks for outdated medications.
13. Repackages bulk medications into unit dose packages, blister packages and weekly medication boxes to assist in the delivery and accuracy of patient medications.
14. Assists in organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the department. Cleans equipment used in the performance of duties. Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
15. Performs other activities/responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the pharmacy department.
16. Attends meetings as required.
17. Answers the telephone, door, and pharmacy window in a courteous and timely manner.
18. Communicates positively and effectively in a team approach with co-workers within and outside the department.
19. Assists with work load organization and planning in order to accomplish daily tasks, as well as broad goals and objectives.
20. Meets priorities as established by the Pharmacy Director and Outpatient Pharmacy Manager.
21. Maintain the confidentiality of all patient/hospital related information per HIPAA guidelines.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
High School graduate.
Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician Training Program.
Washington State Pharmacy Technician License.
Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Licensed WA state driver, reliable transportation.
Excellent customer service skills.
Previous retail experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply