Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time; Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), plans, organizes, directs, and controls all Primary Care Outpatient operations across the overall Confluence Health System. Responsible for coordinating activities with other departments across the health system to facilitate the efficient and effective operation of Primary Care Outpatient services, especially regarding operational improvements. Also responsible for labor productivity standards and required accreditation and other regulatory practices. Manages the preparation and implementation of significant portions of the strategic plan and supporting tactical plans by working with physicians, administrators and staff of the health system. Reports directly to the COO.
1. Strategic Planning & Leadership: Works with the COO, CMO and the CH executive team and other leaders across the organization to develop, implement, and maintain strategic plans and activities that meet, and align with, the needs and goals of CH. Formulates Primary Care Outpatient Services philosophy and leads the planning and implementation of Primary Care Outpatient areas and associated systems to achieve the goals of the overall strategic plans of the CH. Makes key presentations to health system leadership groups, is an active member of the senior leadership team. Keeps current with the latest emerging healthcare issues and brings those to the table in all relevant discussion forums & planning events.
2. Staff and Department Management: Works with the COO to develop an organizational structure for the Primary Care Outpatient areas which delineates responsibility and authority and facilitates the measurement of progress on achievement of goals and objectives; determines functions, responsibilities, and qualifications of departmental employees. Directs the work of assigned health system staff and mentors as appropriate. Conducts performance evaluations and recommends increases, promotions and disciplinary actions. Develops departmental goals and plans designed to attain agreed upon goals. Develops policies and procedures affecting the department and audit procedures in order to determine need for change/modifications. Monitors and continually improve staff utilization throughout Primary Care Outpatient Services. Hires, fires, and assists in the training of new employees. Works closely with the COO & CMO to proactively address provider and staff concerns and maintain workplace harmony.
3. Operations Management: Plans acquisition of capital, personnel and materials which are adequate to effectively and efficiently achieve Primary Care Outpatient goals and objectives including the development and implementation of new Primary Care Outpatient services. Plans, coordinates, and prioritizes all operational activities in responsible departments to ensure that service levels are met or exceeded. Communicates priorities and interaction with all CH users and other to ensure the timely achievement of operational requirements, as directed by the strategic plan. Coordinates and integrates activities with the Primary Care Outpatient management team, Medical Staff, and other Health System departments as needed regarding operational, and quality/patient experience (in conjunction with the CNO and CMO) improvements.
4. Customer Service, Advisory/Communication: Provides proactive advice, counsel and services to the management and employees. Prepares and presents performance measurements to management and executives. Participates in key health system departmental meetings to improve communications and align service expectations with current plans. Works with departments to ensure that productivity tools are being used and the associated benefits realized. Provides the best possible customer service. Explains and communicates Health System and Primary Care Outpatient philosophy, strategic goals, policies and standards to employees, medical staff, hospital administration and others across the health system and the broader system of care in the region.
5. Projects: Manages complex projects as assigned and is responsible for successful completion within budget. Works with the Vice President of Facilities on facility planning, construction, and remodeling projects related to strategic needs.
6. Budgeting: Develops and proactively manages budgets and business plans and monitors performance as necessary and appropriate. Approves expenditures against the budget. Responsible for budgets of new projects under administrative responsibilities. Is responsible for monitoring financial performance and addressing variances. Establishes and maintains programs for systematic, continuous evaluation of and utilization of department resources. Works closely with the CFO to monitor financial performance and addresses variances.
7. Professional Development: Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations. Keeps abreast of developments in the field and arranges staff training programs to improve and/or enhance skills & techniques.
Works closely with CH managers and staff to ensure that effective teamwork and communication is always in place. Works to eliminate any walls and barriers throughout the organization.
Establishes good collaborative working relationships with all physicians, administrators, managers & staff and strives to provide the highest value care, in a way which also maximizes the patient/family experience.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Masters Degree in Hospital Administration or its equivalent.
- The successful candidate must have proven experience in a progressive healthcare corporation working in a managed care market as well as additional proven experience in an acceptable managed care physician environment.
- Candidate must also demonstrate proven success and experience in clinic operations, planning, contracting, and medical staff relations.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of senior level administrative experience with a broad based understanding of all aspects of related legal/regulatory issues.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience.
- Ability to envision the future and develop strategic plans based upon those visions, and then to take those strategic plans which align with overall system strategic goals, and assist in translating them into realistic tactical plans.
- Proven ability to direct and manage a professional staff of 6 people.
- Demonstrated ability in building positive relationships.
- High levels of problem solving ability in order to proactively determine problem areas and coordinate implementation of effective solutions.
- Solid project management skills with an ability to coordinate a large number of concurrent projects.
- A solid understanding of healthcare business information needs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, and outstanding customer service skills.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
- Must be Lean for Leaders certified if current CH employee or achieve certification within one year of hire for external candidates.
- Experience includes management experience in a healthcare setting involving both Primary Care Outpatient practice and Primary Care Outpatient management responsibilities.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply