Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To provide psychotherapy services to the patients of Confluence Health / Wenatchee Valley Hospital & Clinics.
Medical Unit-1/Central Washington Hospital
This position is within the hospital/specialty units. This includes working with a variety of populations (pediatric, adult, geriatric) served in the different hospital inpatient units including intensive care, pediatric, medical/oncology, transitional care, cardiac, and a variety of others. The Psychologist will see patients throughout the hospital as needs arise and provide treatment recommendations to patients and hospitalists. Brief Solution Focused Treatment will be utilized for follow-ups with patients due to the brevity of stays. The focus of the position is on Medical Unit-1 (MU1) patients. MU1 is a single bed certification unit serving involuntarily detained patients from 72 hours to 14 days. Assessment and treatment is provided as part of their stay as well as the treatment of any medical condition that may be impacting the patient’s overall state of health. This is a collaborative practice and requires participation in a variety of activities including mental health court, medical rounds, assessing patients, group therapy, psychiatric oversight, and community/family meetings.
1. Conduct Intake Assessments for adult clients according to departmental procedures, funding source requirements, and evidence-based/strength-based model approaches.
2. Develop Individualized Treatment Plans for each client according to policies of the department and funding source requirements.
3. Provide ongoing individual, family, or group counseling for the client and/or natural supports according to departmental procedures, funding source requirements, and using evidence/strength-based approaches.
4. Document clinical activity according to policies of the department and in compliance with required timelines.
5. Provide case management services as identified on the Individualized Treatment Plan, including linking patients and supports to community resources and other services, as appropriate, and coordinating Behavioral Health treatment services and intervention strategies with internal and/or external supports as appropriate.
6. Provide consultation to primary care and/or specialty care providers regarding patients’ diagnosis, treatment plan, and status changes, as appropriate.
7. Provide outreach services to community partners regarding behavioral issues including providing educational training and/or onsite intervention services.
8. May include some administration, scoring and interpretation of psychological assessments (e.g., cognitive, neurological, and/or personality assessments).
9. Comply with all departmental, agency, and funding source requirements, policies, and procedures.
10. Attend all required agency and departmental meetings as indicated by supervisor.
11. Participate in education of Post-Doctoral psychologists and supervision as applicable
12. Participate in regular supervision.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Doctorate (Ph.D., Psy.D.) in Counseling or Clinical Psychology. Minimum one year post-doctoral experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Active Washington State Psychologist license, by start date.
- Driver’s License with good driving record and access to a vehicle that is legally insured to be used for off-site clinical services, consultation, or case management.
Experience in healthcare.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply