Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Please note: This position is a Nurse Shift Supervisor RN for 20 hours per pay period and a Nurse Data Coordinator for 40 hours per pay period.
Nurse Data Coordinator – RN
Coordinator of healthcare performance measurement with focus on population health data management, infection prevention /control, and service line/provider value which encompasses clinical outcomes, costs, and reimbursement.
1. Plays a lead role in planning, preparation, and delivery of data on quality outcomes and financial (cost and reimbursement) analysis for the healthcare system and populations. This includes the day-to-day development and support of data extractions, integrations, and transmissions for the healthcare system, regulatory agencies, consultants, quality and safety initiatives, as well as other clinical or financial systems.
2. Understands and is able to extract data on:
clinical outcomes quality
customer service or delivery quality
productivity waste which may lead to lower costs
3. Able to identify appropriate and inappropriate variation in resource utilization to achieve comparable or different results for particular diagnoses and procedures.
4. Knowledge of care delivery in electronic documentation systems and related medical record documents.
5. Special emphasis on population health, infection prevention/control and service line/provider value metrics.
6. Assists in the development and growth of the Quality Team. Demonstrates creativity and enthusiasm while pursuing the goals of the department and organization.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Background in health services organization, database analyses, financial analyses or reimbursement desirable.
- Must have strong oral and written presentations skills and be able to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences.
- Analytical reasoning skills including statistics, spreadsheet and database skills, computer programming knowledge.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team including employees, area managers, physician managers, and administrators.
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail is critical with efficiency and organization skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed. Able to establish and maintain a robust work queue with minimal supervision or reminders regarding deadlines and expectations.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or finance fields and with at least 4 years healthcare experience in clinical care, statistics, finance, or data analysis.
- Background in health services organization, database analyses, financial analyses or reimbursement.
- Background in clinical care (e.g. registered nurse, pharmacist).
Nurse Shift Supervisor RN
Facilitates daily operational activity on the unit: assessing, planning, organizing and directing activities. Reviews and facilitates unit admissions to ensure unit is able to meet patients care needs and patient meets admission criteria. S/he will strive to ensure high quality safe patient care is provided by facilitation of workflows, policies and procedures and patient advocacy. Promotes education, coaches and mentors staff. S/he will facilitate staffing needs and assign patients to staff based on patient needs and staff skills.
1. Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance to Confluence Health Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance.
2. Provides excellent customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff.
3. Collaborates with staffing office, House Supervisor and/or unit management to ensure appropriate staffing levels based on unit staffing guidelines and patient acuity.
4. Works collaboratively to oversee patient care needs on the unit, promoting patient satisfaction and utilizes resources to meet care needs.
5. Facilitates patient care assignments based on skill and competencies of staff to meet the healthcare needs of the patients.
6. Organizes and assists with staff breaks and lunches.
7. Reviews patient referrals for admission to unit, completes a medical record review and works collaboratively with transferring Care Management staff to ensure admissions meet skilled nursing criteria, unit admission criteria and admission state and federal regulations.
8. Coordinates bed assignments, admissions, transfers and discharges.
9. Develops cooperative and trusting relationships with other departments to ensure efficiency in the admission and transfer process of patients.
10. Role models new processes and behaviors and supports quality improvement efforts.
11. Manages conflict resolution in positive and constructive manner at the time the issue arises. Be responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department. Refers issues not resolved up the chain of command.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Competency Expectations:
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Knowledge– knowledge of health care systems, skilled nursing care function, regulations, and health insurance plans. Knowledgeable of departmental policies, procedures and Standards of Care and Practice
Skill— possesses effective interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong prioritization, organization and time management skills. Strong nursing clinical assessment and skills.
Ability–flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and regulations. Highly self-directed and motivated. Able to work within multiple computer software programs including email communication and password management. Ability to create positive work environment and build relationships with staff, physicians, and other departments. Ability to educate, coach, and mentor staff.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Current licensure in the state of Washington (RCW 18.88).
Must be currently certified in BLS, and recertified as required.
Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
One year of work experience in a skilled or acute care setting.
Knowledge of post-acute care community resources.
Knowledge of skill nursing criteria and regulations.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply