Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
The Organizational Development Specialist provides assistance with the implementation of the Confluence Health Value System (CHVS), Confluence Health’s Lean management methodology which is focused on transforming the patient experience one process at a time. Responsibilities include facilitation and support of Lean education, improvement activities, staff and leadership development processes, and other training and facilitation initiatives throughout the organization. He or she may also schedule and facilitate new employee and new provider orientation, provide customer service training, develop and revise curriculum, and perform other training and education related tasks.
1. Facilitate and lead CHVS trainings, working one on one with learners as required.
2. Participate in curriculum design for CHVS, Staff and Leadership education, New Employee Welcome, and other educational initiatives using various tools such as PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other instructional modalities.
3. Provide project coordination and support for selected value streams in clinical and business operations by assisting with the creation and execution of the kaizen plan.
4. Function as an educator, analyst, facilitator, consultant, and/or project manager as required.
5. Coach Rapid Process Improvement Workshops (RPIW) and Kaizen Events.
6. Provide training and coaching for physicians, leadership, managers, and staff, adhering to the principles of lean and CHVS.
7. Organize and facilitate New Employee Welcome and New Provider Welcome, providing new staff with a warm, informative onboarding experience.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Education, Organizational Development, Science, Human Resources, Engineering or other related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening) with ability to relate and interact effectively with all members of the healthcare team across the organization.
- Effective presentation and training skills to include preparing and executing lectures, facilitating group innovation activities, coaching individual learners, and adapting style to suit the audience and material being presented.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to exercise individual initiative to solve problems. Able to identify problems and to think logically to recommend solutions to problems and reach decisions while working within teams.
- Basic statistical analysis skills. Analytical aptitude with the ability to collect, analyze and present data; ability to think analytically.
- Responds calmly and effectively in a stressful environment.
- Proactive service orientation and ability to manage and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, tools and techniques.
- Self-motivated, life-long learner.
- Superior ability using common software applications (including, but not limited to, MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word).
- CHVS Leader Certification or willingness and ability to obtain upon hire.
- Training, teaching, organizational development, healthcare or lean management experience preferred.
- Related experience, including training or teaching, application of lean tools, methods and improvement activities preferred.
- Project and time management work experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and facilitating teams and introducing new techniques strongly preferred.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply