Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
LOCATION: This position is in Moses Lake.
Courteously and professionally greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. Provides outstanding customer service in all interactions.
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous manner, prepares patient information for the visit. Coordinates with providers and support staff for efficient patient flow.
2. Schedules, cancels and reschedules appointments. Utilizes the waitlist for patients requesting an earlier appointment, and for filling provider openings.
3. Answers telephone, and provides outstanding customer service for every encounter.
4. Operates general office equipment.
5. Verifies accurate billing, demographic, and insurance information at every encounter. Accurately codes new insurance using available resources.
6. Obtains or initiates required waivers for non-covered services. Confirms referral has been obtained when required. Contacts referring office as needed.
7. Collects co-pays and payments on accounts and provides receipts. Explains co-pay and time of service policy to patients, collects patient balance owing on account when appropriate.
8. Ability to balance a cash drawer and perform elementary math functions (addition/subtraction).
9. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
Typing skills at least 35 wpm.
Basic computer skills.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
One-year work experience in medical office setting.
Medical terminology desirable.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply