Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
The lead laboratory assistant leads and facilitates the phlebotomist and other clinical staff to collect and process quality specimens in a safe manner as outlined by CWH policies.
1. Must have strong communication skills and the ability to build a cohesive team.
2. Facilitates the development of new employees and students. Responsible for quality work performance among staff. Assures that orientation checklists for new employees are completed and returned to the lab manager.
3. Fosters innovation from team members for continuous improvement.
4. Recommends and/or assists with new procedures and products.
5. Prepares new procedures and maintains and updates existing procedure manuals.
6. Assists in maintaining adequate coverage of the department at all times and reports unexpected absences to the lab manager.
7. Prepares Lab Assistant’s work schedules according to Union contract and laboratory needs.
8. Assumes responsibility for department inventory.
9. Participates in regular department lead meetings and works with other “leads” in reaching shared objectives and common goals.
10. Assists in CAP Inspection Process.
11. Participates in monthly section leader meetings.
12. Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook.
13. Performs other related work as assigned by manager or pathologists.
14. Able to perform all essential job duties related to phlebotomists, send outs, processing, micro and front desk.
15. Regularly communicates any issues or concerns to management regarding Laboratory assistants.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of two years of related work experience as a laboratory assistant.
Worked in a lead role, preferred.
Must be an experienced phlebotomist.
Must have good communication skills.
Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply