Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Day Shift
***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
The CDS is responsible for reviewing medical records to facilitate the accurate representation of the severity of illness. This involves significant clinical knowledge, extensive record review, and interaction with physicians, HIM professionals, and nursing staff. Active participation in team meetings and education of staff in the CDMP process is a key role.
1. Ability to learn/develop the skills necessary to perform CDI reviews using tools provided.
2. Accurate and timely record review.
3. Recognize opportunities for documentation improvement.
4. Formulate clinically credible documentation clarifications.
5. Effective and appropriate communication with physicians and others.
6. Timely follow up on all cases especially those with clinical documentation clarifications.
7. Participate in Task Force Meetings.
8. Manage multiple priorities.
9. Communicate with HIM staff and resolve discrepancies.
10. Accurate input of data into CDMP Trak.
11. Understand and support CDMP documentation strategies (upon completion of training).
12. Understand and communicate differences between Medicare Part A and Part B guidelines and how they impact DRG assignments (upon completion of training).
13. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Graduation from a program of nursing.
Current state Registered Nurse license.
2 Years acute care experience required.
Must successfully pass an on-line clinical knowledge assessment (provided by Confluence Health) with 70% or greater.
Recent hospital experience preferably ICU, CCU, or strong Med/Surg.
Knowledge of pathophysiology and disease process.
Basic Computer skills familiarity with Windows based software programs.
Knowledge of Medicare Part A.
Organizational, analytical, writing and interpersonal skills.
Dependable, self-directed and pleasant.
Critical thinking, problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
Familiar with Medicare Part B, Medicaid, and other payors.
Knowledge of regulatory environment.
5 years of acute care experience preferred.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply