Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Oversee the daily operations of the Health Information Management Department. Daily operations may include: release of information, record processing, chart review/completion, scanning, and transcription services.
1. Ensures adequate coverage as it pertains to transcription, release of information, chart review and scanning.
2. Accurately evaluate staff performance, productivity, and quality and assure that staff are following and meeting departmental standards.
3. Interview and fill personnel vacancies.
4. Provide training, feedback, support, and develop corrective action plans when necessary to support staff.
5. Organize workload to assure all work is performed in a timely fashion in accordance to priority.
6. Hold and attend regular team and individual meetings to address specific issues and provide communication.
7. Assists with the development and revision of policies and guidelines and implements them as approved or requested by the Manager.
8. Through the use of various reports, identifies problem areas for correction and tracks improvements made.
9. Works with the Manager to further identify opportunities for improvement and assists with the implementation of new workflows identified.
10. Ensure that the Health Information Management practices meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
11. Supports and engages the team to encourage a culture of trust by ensuring a positive and safe work environment.
12. Identifies or responds to department manager requests, projects or lean initiatives and other tasks as assigned by the manager.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree or equivalent.
2 years of relevant experience.
Prior experience with electronic health record applications required.
Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Internal applicants: May substitute an Associate’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Experience that demonstrates the ability to lead.
2. Effective verbal and written skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively with coworkers, physicians and general staff as part of a team.
4. Demonstrate excellence in customer service.
5. Self-directed and performs duties independently.
6. Provides attention to detail and ability to respond calmly and effectively in a stressful environment.
7. Able to instruct and train others with flexibility in training methods.
8. Able to recognize and handle difficult interpersonal situations.
9. The ability to lead others and impress upon them the importance of maintaining an accurate EHR.
10. A strong belief in the organization’s goals and objectives for utilizing EHR systems and excellent interpersonal skills.
11. Strong organizational, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
12. Skill and experience in EHR chart correction and chart analysis.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply