Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
The emergency services nurse educator serves as a role model, a clinical consultant and an educator of staff. The ED educator maintains competency in adult learning theory, presentation skills, competency validation, age specific competence related to the patient population of the emergency department.
1. Provides teaching and skills development through formal classroom education and one-on-one interaction with nursing staff for orientation, skills training and ongoing in-service education.
2. Schedules time to afford interaction with day, evening, and night shift staff. This position will also travel to the Wenatchee WIC for educational sessions with that nursing staff. Other limited travel to non-CWH sites required.
3. In conjunction with the Clinical Manager, directs orientation of new nurses:
Facilitates orientation, and assists with competency evaluation.
Facilitates the completion of the orientee’s skills list, and participates in the three-month evaluation of new staff.
Serves as a mentor and coach to new staff.
Keeps orientation materials current.
4. Collaborates with the Director/Clinical Manager to determine education needs for the unit. Communicates the unit’s education needs to the Manager of Clinical Development for coordination of training activities. Responsible for development of annual education plan.
5. Provides input to the Clinical Manager for 3 month and yearly evaluations of nursing staff.
6. Organizes and teaches educational programs:
Identifies learning needs and professional self-improvement needs for nursing staff.
Provides instruction to staff on a formal and informal basis at the unit level.
Serves a coach and mentor to staff.
Identifies teaching material needs for staff.
7. Assists the Director/Manager in developing, presenting, and implementing changes in nursing practice.
8. Works with the Manager of Clinical Development to instruct standard work best practices to establish and maintain consistency in nursing care among all CWH units and service lines.
9. Attends workshops and seminars in order to update knowledge. Presents education back to the department.
10. Maintains a high standard of professional responsibility and performance:
Consistently provides nursing care with a high degree of clinical competency.
Provides effective education to staff
Uses Evidence Based Practice/Research
Is a knowledgeable unit resource.
11. Establishes programs to assist staff pursuing certification.
12. Collaborates with the Organizational Development Department in the provision of unit specific programs.
13. Assists with the instruction and coordination of unit specific interns.
14. Maintains proficiency in the department EMR.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN or other appropriate degree.
- Current Washington State RN license is mandatory.
- A minimum of four years of current specialty nursing experience.
- The qualified candidate must have demonstrated leadership skills and teaching abilities.
- ACLS Certification or within 90 days of hire
- ENPC and TNCC certification current or within 6 months of hire.
- CEN current or within 6 months of hire.
- EMR experience, preferably EPIC.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Willing and able to complete CHVS (Lean) Fundamentals coursework within 12 months of hire.
ENPC and TNCC Instructor.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply