Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time; Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
As a member of the Confluence Health management team, the Cardiovascular Service Line Director (SLD) oversees the operations of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Imaging, Electrophysiology, Interventional Procedures and Vascular Services and ensures the vision and strategy achieves excellence in all aspects of the cardiovascular service line. The SLD partners with Service Line (SL) Physician Director (dyad) to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of the medical practice to support the strategic initiatives of Confluence Health. The SLD promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers, and staff by proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions. They are responsible for patient care management, resource management, and fiscal management. Responsible to collaborate with inpatient partner to develop, implement and achieve SL goals.
- Establishes strong partnership and collaborative working relationship with physicians, APC’s, and other team members.
- In partnership with the SVP and Exec Leadership, the SLD and SL Physician develop and implement strategic plan for Service Line. Provides leadership in the development and enhancement of Cardiovascular Services across the continuum of care, which includes facilitating change.
- Represent services to the community, ensuring the provision of innovative community-based education and services.
- Develops and completes comprehensive program-specific situation analysis at least annually, including market share, competitive assessment, utilization, profitability, referral channels and market potential, working collaboratively with Marketing and Business Development.
- With SL Physician partner develops service line goals and objectives across the entire organization to ensure access and quality care to all patients in our regional service area. Creates action plans and monitors results. Implements process improvements utilizing CHVS tools and training to meet or exceed targets.
- Focuses clinical efforts to achieve best practice benchmarks for all specialty areas in the service line.
- Directs the operation of Cardiovascular Services throughout the organization including service to satellite campuses. Travel to satellite clinics on a regular basis for gemba rounds and oversight of operations.
- In conjunction with Physician leaders, provide input for APC performance reviews in regards to SL goals.
- Conducts Practice Manager (PM) performance reviews for direct reports and provides input for indirect reports and makes recommendation for wage rate adjustments annually.
- Provides support and coaching for direct reports and assists with development plans for staff as needed. Mentors new leaders.
- Disciplines and terminates employees as required in consultation with the HR employment manager.
- Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
- Liaison with SLD colleagues for continuity of care issues across service lines.
- Responsible, in conjunction with SL Physician Director, for development and implementation of service line budget(s). Responsible for achieving budget targets. Collaborates with Materials Management to negotiate effective contracts and follow-through with vendors for cardiovascular services.
- Works collaboratively with managers and physicians to evaluate and determine new equipment, device, or service line needs.
- Profit and loss responsibility and accountability for the service line financial performance, including revenue, expenses and budgeting. Develops action plan in conjunction with physician dyad to meet financial goals of the organization.
- Responsible for execution and achievement of service line goals in alignment with CH mission and strategies. Evaluates trends, variances and problem areas. Works collaboratively with SL Physician Director and departmental managers to define and/or realign variances.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and standards are in compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Responsible for successful inspections, plans of correction if needed.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist in the service line.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Utilizes Advisory Board resources and trainings for planning, best practice.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concept, practices and procedures.
- Establishes effective strategies for programs and product/service line with the goal of creating high quality, efficient patient centered service lines.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of service line communication standards and channels.
- Ensures development and utilization of Standard Work across the service line.
- Manages contracts with outside organizations and healthcare systems for services provided in conjunction with in house counsel and SVP.
- Participates with physician and APC recruitment for service line.
- Establishes regular contact with each practice physician and develops working rapport.
- Assures that physicians receive all pertinent information to achieve the goals of the SL.
- Supports and promotes a positive image of the practice.
- Monitors patient feedback and contributes to the process of resolving patient complaints and service issues; supports manager dyads in creating effective action plans for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Bachelors’ degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field with 6 years relevant leadership experience.
- Current Confluence Health employees may substitute 6 years of relevant experience; with 3 years of relevant experience, plus CHVS Leader certification.
- Must have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills related to Windows and MS Office.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or MBA.
- Licensed Registered Nurse.
- Lean Certification/trained.
- Proficiency with Epic EHR.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply