Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 8 or 10
Responsible for evaluation and treatment of a patient’s condition in his/her residence as it relates to the patient’s disabilities, injuries and/or disease process. Quality of care is provided in accordance with the mission of Home Care Services.
- Evaluates the patient’s functional, motor, perceptual motor and sensory integrative ability by administering diagnostic and prognostic tests. (Age Specific)
- Develops the Plan of Treatment and therapy goals through recognition of patient’s needs and goals, conditions and environment, and consultation with other health team members.
- Administers treatment procedures and rehabilitative activities as prescribed by the physician through therapeutic use of functional or restorative activities of daily living, homemaking, splinting and upper extremity orthotic/prosthetic training and perceptual motor training.
- Selects and teaches task-oriented therapeutic activities designed to restore functional ability.
- Devises and implements therapeutic tasks and activities to restore sensory-integrative function.
- Teaches compensatory techniques designed to improve the level of independence in activities of daily living.
- Devises, constructs and fits orthotic, prosthetic and self-help devices, and instructs and supervises patient and family in their use.
- Adjusts Plan of Treatment and goals when necessary, and with the physician’s approval.
- Instructs the patient and family in home programs to be continued in the therapist’s absence, when indicated
- Plans, implements and supervises individualized activity programs as part of an active treatment program.
- Teaches prevocational, vocational and avocational activities.
- Periodically re-evaluates the status of the patient’s functional ability and the effectiveness of the occupational therapy plan of treatment.
- Coordinates therapy goals with other health care team members through routine conferences.
- Instructs and supervises other health team members in occupational therapy procedures and techniques which are performed as an adjunct to the regular occupational therapy plan of treatment.
- Records and reports to physician, the patient’s reaction to treatment, any changes in the patient’s condition, suggested changes in the patient’s orders, and implementation of discharge planning procedures.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program approved by the AMA in conjunction with the AOTA.
- One year of recent occupational therapy experience
- Current License with State of Washington as an Occupational Therapist.
- CPR certified.
- Communication: Functionally able to listen, read, speak and write using English language. Functional hearing and visual acuity sufficient to detect changes in patient conditions and perform assessments. Effective interpersonal skills. Demonstrates ability to work in collaboration with health team members.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Current, valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle with the minimum coverage by law.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply