Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
Perform all routine diagnostic exams, including all surgical procedures, general fluoroscopy, and trauma exams utilizing radiographic, fluoro, portable and c-arm equipment. Provide patients with safe, courteous and efficient care. Assist in other sections of the department as needed.
1. Prepares for and performs all x-ray examinations including but not limited to routine, fluoroscopy, operating room, and portable.
2. Understands and is able to effectively utilize and operate all x-ray room, x-ray portable equipment, and operating room x-ray equipment.
3. Reviews and evaluates diagnostic images for technical quality.
4. Assists Radiologists in fluoroscopic procedures; may be required to perform minor fluoroscopic procedures under their direction according to their current radiology technology certification.
5. Assists clinical instructor and provides direct training and supervision to student technologists.
6. Completes required training and competencies for EKG’s at facilities that provide this service. (WVH)
7. Required to take standby and be on call as needed. If on call at CWH, will be available within 20 minutes of notification of need.
8. If working less than 40 hours per week, may be required to work scheduled days off.
9. Understands and follows all universal blood and body substance precautions and personal protective equipment requirements.
10. Utilizes PACS, RIS, and current EMR efficiently and completes required paperwork for each examination performed.
11. Complies with all continuing education requirements as dictated by regulatory entities.
12. Lifts patients as needed and when this can be accomplished safely and according to policy. Transfer patients using safe ergonomic technique and utilizes the hydraulic lift or other safe patient handling devices and the patient’s family members or caregivers when necessary.
13. Participate in Quality Improvement Programs.
14. Knowledge of ALARA, Image Gently and Image Wisely.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- A graduate of a course in Radiologic Technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.).
- A.R.R.T. registered or within six months of hire date (actively pursuing registry with an ACTIVE Washington State X-ray Technician license).
- Clinical experience in diagnostic radiology and fluoroscopy obtained during completion of an approved course by the A.R.R.T.
- Washington State Certification as Radiologic Technologist or within six months of hire date (actively pursuing Certification with an ACTIVE Washington State X-ray Technician license).
- BLS for healthcare providers.
- Certification or registry in any other diagnostic imaging field.
- A.R.R.T. mammography certification (WVH & Clinics).
- A working knowledge of computers, accurate keyboarding skills, and email communication.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply