Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable Shifts
Pharmacy technicians are persons who are skilled or trained in the practical, technical and distributive aspects of pharmacy practice. Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in the routine, day to day functions of pharmacy practice. Through the performance of these tasks and through collaboration with pharmacists, technicians allow pharmacists to engage in patient care activities that ultimately improve the quality of patient care. Technicians are supervised by licensed pharmacists who verify the accuracy of their job performance. Pharmacy assistants are trained in all areas of the pharmacy under the direct supervision of a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist to transition to a Pharmacy Technician status within the institution.
1. Prepares Intravenous (IV) admixtures and piggyback (PB) syringes.
2. Fills narcotic requisitions and correctly documents all narcotic transactions in the NarcStation computer.
3. Adheres to all policy and procedures related to narcotic documentation, distribution and record keeping.
4. Fills floorstock/AcuDose cabinets, requisitions and other order requests.
5. Restocks patient care area crash carts.
6. Compounds non-sterile stock preparations according to established policies and procedures.
7. Performs activities and responsibilities related to the automated pharmacy distribution system including:
automated cart fill
first dose distribution
8. Performs hourly deliveries and as needed deliveries of medications to the patient care areas in a timely manner.
9. Assists in ordering pharmaceuticals, supplies and special orders on a routine and emergency basis.
10. Assists in inventory control.
11. Assists in checking in freight and stocking shelves.
12. Assists the Home Infusion Service in the preparation, labeling and shipping of products and supplies.
13. Assists in performing monthly checks for outdated medications.
14. Repackages bulk medications into unit dose packages to assist in the delivery and accuracy of patient medications.
15. Assists in organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
16. Performs other activities/responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the pharmacy department.
17. Attends meetings as required.
18. Answers the telephone, door, and pharmacy window in a courteous and timely manner.
19. Communicates positively and effectively in a team approach with co-workers within and outside the department.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High School graduate.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician Training Program if hired at the Assistant level.
- Hospital will train employee hired at the Assistant level. Must be eligible to obtain a Pharmacy Assistant license & sign Pharmacy Agreement to start Training Program.
- Washington State Pharmacy Technician License or Pharmacy Assistant license.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply