Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Ensures quality patient care by assisting in the performance of all procedures in the Urology ASC department. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of patients in the UROLOGY ASC department. Communicates with the urologist as needed about patient’s condition, assists with procedures, and assists with maintaining equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement projects, maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and medical center policies and standards.
1. Prepares each suite prior to each case by following the daily schedule and procedure requirements.
2. Assists with positioning of patients.
3. Assists the MD in the procedure rooms, including but not limited to: biopsies, cystoscopy, dilation, charting vitals/patient status and the collection and labeling of specimens.
4. Ensures optimal outcomes by proper handling of instruments and equipment.
5. Maintains manufacturer’s recommendations and Confluence Health policies by proper processes-cleans, disinfects and reprocesses scoped and other instruments, per policy #3432350.
6. Prioritizes activities based on knowledge and comprehension of the endoscopy schedule.
7. Understands operation, function and handling of special equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
8. Provide assessment by troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment. If further service is required, process equipment, complete paperwork and calls biomed.
9. Participate in overall Urology ASC functions including, but not limited to, scheduling of procedures, training of new staff, maintaining appropriate statistics, assisting with Quality Assurance projects, education to improve self and others, and attending staff meetings and annual education in-services as required.
10. Respond appropriately to emergency situations, recognizing the need for assistance and obtaining support from Urology ASC personnel and/or physician as needed.
11. Compliance with universal precautions and the use of personal protective equipment.
12. Understands the safety precautions associated with the use of OPA and other chemicals in the healthcare environment. Is trained and responsible for the operations of the Steris equipment and scope cleaning process.
13. Delegate’s tasks to the Urology ASC staff, recognizing what duties are within their scope of practice.
14. Understands the inventory of sterile, non-sterile and disinfected instruments by demonstrating proper handling, function, availability and location.
15. Assists where needed to insure efficient and safe care in the Urology ASC patient continuum.
16. Maintains adequate inventory based on department need.
17. Demonstrates economic use of equipment and supplies.
18. Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patients rights are protected.
19. Communicate appropriate information to other members of the healthcare team in a timely manner.
20. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Active or Interim Washington State RN License, required by start date.
- Previous experience in ambulatory care setting or endoscopy lab.
- ACLS training.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply