Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To work with and supervise other members of the Sleep Medicine Department; to ensure optimal sleep medicine efficiency. As well as work with the manager and service line director to develop a vision for strategic growth.
- Supervises and directs general Sleep Medicine/Lab functions at Confluence Health under guidance of the practice manager
- Supervises staff scheduling and time cards
- If directed by the practice manager, is responsible to assist with or perform purchasing and inventory control
- Assists the manager with conducting department performance evaluations; also assists the manager as requested with interviews and hires for available positions. Gives feedback to manager concerning recommendations for disciplinary action and/or termination when necessary
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager, director, administration or physician
- Cultivates an effective team through frequent and open communication with each
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of cost containment programs or cost-saving measures within the department as/if directed by the manager or director
- Will be expected to earn a LEAN certification within one year of taking position
- Assists the manager as directed in monitoring staff productivity as well as competency and overtime
- Is responsible for holding daily huddles
- Works with board certified sleep physician to update Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement policies and procedures
- Participates with other professional support organizations outside the facility to promote the employment field and to enhance/maintain current knowledge of the profession as a whole
- First point of contact for sleep techs
- Route and/or score sleep studies along with associated duties
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Must be RPSGT certified.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years sleep medicine experience.
- LEAN certification required within one year of accepting position.
- CPR certification.
- Associates degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field with two years relevant leadership experience.
- Current Confluence Health employees may substitute an Associate’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
- A general knowledge of procedures and quality control are required. Expected to assist with budgetary process as directed by manager.
- Previous experience with certification agencies and positive management/communication skills with employees is also required.
- Previous exposure to computerized word-processing and spreadsheet programs I preferred and recommended.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for personal/technical concerns is needed.
- Ability to work with other departments and align goals of department with goals of the organization.
- Bachelors’ degree.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply