Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
***Please note: this position is located in Omak, WA***
Provides Diabetes Self-Management Training and Education, Medical Nutrition Therapy, and Oncology Nutrition per provider or patient referral. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to tailor nutrition/diabetes care based on the unique requirements of the patient. Perform accurate nutrition/diabetes assessments and determine mutually acceptable self-management goals and outcomes with the patient, including DSME, medication management, insulin injection training, insulin pump and sensors. Collaborate with members of the health care team. Travel to outlying clinics to provide services as needed. Participates in LEAN performance improvements and research activities. Must be self-directed and work independently.
1. Performs self-management education; including diet, exercise, self-monitoring of blood glucose, medication adherence and insulin injection training
2. Participate in and run nutrition and diabetes education classes; responsibility to instruct classes, facilitate the knowledge, skill and ability necessary for nutrition, prediabetes and diabetes self-care
3. Identify opportunities to optimize drug therapy through Collaborative Practice Agreement (based on diabetes care algorithm)
4. Certified insulin pump trainer; new pump starts and pump management. Acquires pump certification as needed
5. Provide professional medical services within scope of training and responsibility in compliance with applicable laws, regulations of Confluence Health policies, procedures, and protocols; responsible for department’s operational success
6. Ability to function independently and as part of a member of a cross-functional team. Able to organize and set work priorities in a multi-task environment
7. Perform chart notes with >75% completion rate daily, or per organizational goals. Documentation of care provided (nutrition and/or diabetes assessments, plans of care, education or patient progress
8. Maintains continuing education to meet CDR requirements
9. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, family, visitors, and fellow employees
10. Attains all agreed-upon goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the organization’s overall mission
11. Maintains confidentiality of patient information
12. Willingly performs work requested of any level when necessary to meet operational needs
13. Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, successful completion of Accredited Dietetic Internship.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- CDE or BC-ADM within 2 years.
- Washington State Certified Dietician.
- Must be proficient with Windows navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 2+ years of Diabetes Education, Outpatient MNT, and/or Oncology MNT.
- CDE or BC-ADM.
- Experience with electronic medical records (navigation, charting, documentation.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or AADE/ADA registration.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply