Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: This position is located in MOSES LAKE.
Location: This position is located in Moses Lake.
Position Summary:This position represents Confluence Health during initial telephone, My Chart and other means of contact by providing patients with appointment, medication refill, information assistance and accessing operation support services and clinical resources. This position provides a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with Confluence Health’s vision, mission, goals, and service standards.
1. Answers inbound calls on the 1st ring in a professional and polite manner and routes calls appropriately.
2. Schedules and cancels appointments based on need, patient request, and in accordance with system and clinic guidelines. All while communicating appointment details and any required preparation, along with necessary paperwork, to facilitate on time arrival and appointment preparedness.
3. Act as a liaison for the patients and the patients care team.
4. Relay clerical and clinical patient related messages from patients, family members, and other healthcare professionals to administrative and provider staff within the patients chart with clear spelling and grammar.
5. Ability to remain highly effective under stress and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to individuals served and Confluence Health.
6. Identifies emergent and crisis patient situations based on caller information and coordinates with provider staff.
7. Assists all patients through the Confluence Health system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator. Coordinate continuity of patient care by connecting patients with appropriate Confluence Health.
8. Schedule appointment correctly – review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller. Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income – if applicable).
9. Adhere to HIPAA Guidelines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing, and computer navigational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (Oral and Written) skills.
- Highly developed customer service principles and practices.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience working in a healthcare, call center, or customer service field.
- Typing skills of 35 wpm.
- Experience working with computerized systems.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply