Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
The Cardiothoracic Physician’s Assistant will partner with the Cardiothoracic Surgeons to provide comprehensive care during all aspects of cardiac surgery. Duties will include ordering diagnostic testing and treatments, assisting in the OR under the supervision of our two Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and performing hospital rounds and discharges. This position also acts as a patient advocate, providing education, coordination of care and serving as the liaison between the patient and physicians during the course of hospitalization.
1. Provide primarily surgical assistance. Takes histories, orders appropriate diagnostic tests, provides treatment to minor/routine problems, and give appropriate counseling to patients. Refers to physician as needed. Writes prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
2. Writes prescriptions and performs procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
3. Educates patients and families and helps them understand issues related to physical and emotional health and promotes wellness.
4. Maintains accurate and complete patient records in compliance with organizational policy.
5. Refers patients to specialty services when appropriate.
6. Provides professional medical services within the scope of training and responsibility, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and organizational policies.
7. Support physicians with on-call responsibilities and hospital rounds.
8. Required to maintain active Basic Life S-upport (CPR) certification.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Active or Interim Washington State Physician Assistant License, required by start date.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply