Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Provide support for the Nutrition Therapy and Diabetes Department with scheduling, benefit coverage and pre-authorizations. Offer excellent customer service to patients and referring providers and staff.
1. Schedules, cancels, and reschedules appointments for all outpatient dietitians. Utilizes the waitlist for patients requesting an earlier appointment, and for filing provider openings.
2. Manage electronic and paper referrals.
3. Knowledge of insurance terminology and benefit coverage to be able to perform insurance verifications and pre-authorizations as required.
4. Work queue management.
5. Bariatric program assistance to ensure authorization is in place and required visits with dietitian are scheduled according to guidelines.
6. Knowledge of L&I requirements for visit coverage.
7. Responsible to stay current with MNT and Diabetes billing guidelines and reimbursement rules and regulations.
8. Assist with the Diabetes Classes and Cooking with Confluence Health Cooking Classes.
9. Patiently listen to, accurately understand and quickly respond to issues address by patients.
10. Work at a productive level that meets department expectations.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Possess intermediate computer skills (e.g. spreadsheets, word processing); knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- One-year work experience in medical office or healthcare setting.
- Medical terminology.
- Experience with EMR; Epic.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply