Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time; 3 - 12 hours shifts
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
The Medical Assistant Certified will assist the provider and health care team in providing excellent customer service and quality patient care by performing a variety of clerical and patient-related tasks. Duties may include but are not limited to: injections, measuring patient vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature), managing rooming and patient flow, pre-visit preparation, assist with the patient visit, post-visit duties, informing the provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow. May assist with front office activities, scheduling tasks and reporting test results as directed by the provider.
1. Greets patients in a prompt and friendly manner and prepares patient for exam; in conjunction with clinical team to maintain timely flow of patients.
2. Obtains and records appropriate vital signs, per department protocols or guidelines in the electronic medical record (EMR).
3. Obtains patient medical history and reason for visit; documents accurately, in order to maintain a complete and legally correct medical record. Administer injections and medications as directed by the provider.
4. Administer injections and medication as directed by the provider.
5. Assists in procedures and minor emergencies, as directed by the provider or RN with in the Medical Assistant Certified scope of practice.
6. Schedules lab, x-ray, and other tests as directed by the provider. Instructs the patient in routine collection of samples; testing procedures and general requirements by specific depts. Provides follow-up lab results and callbacks to patients as delegated.
7. Communicates with patients, relays important information to the provider and provides follow-up to the patient. Tasks may include contacting the pharmacy with medication orders.
8. Responsible for maintaining clean exam rooms, cleaning instruments and stocking items for use in the exam and procedure rooms.
9. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Accredited Medical Assisting program graduate, or enrolled in externship program.
- Candidates must be eligible to apply or have applied for an Medical Assistant Interim (IC) or Medical Assistant – Certified (CM) license through the Washington State Department of Health.
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care setting.
- Basic computer skills.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply