Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To provide, enhance, and honor end-of-life health care through practice, education and evaluation throughout all Confluence Health Facilities. Principal Interfaces: Internal: Primary Care Departments, Palliative Care Medical Director, Inpatient and Outpatient Palliative Care Coordinators, Directors of Homecare Services, patients, management, employees, physicians, and students. External: In contact with outside health professionals, patients, families and numerous community organizations.
1. Helps design and conduct education in the areas of advanced care planning and ethics to meet the identified needs of the staff, patients, family and the community.
2. Provides leadership and expertise in implementing and maintaining system-wide, comprehensive end-of-life and advance care planning programs.
Works with the Confluence Inpatient and Outpatient Palliative Care, Physician and Coordinators to assure the effective practice of the Honoring Choices Program and Advance Care Planning.
Provides quality improvement projects and performs consults at all the Confluence Health Facilities.
3. Uses systematic processes to analyze patient and program needs.
Clinical/collaborative problems and issues related to individuals/families/groups with complex and unpredictable needs.
Maintains Agency standard of productivity.
4. Uses extensive knowledge, experience and research to identify problem situations or issues in:
Systems of care and analysis.
Interprets, advises and consults with staff and other health care professionals to ensure high quality care.
5. Analyzes and interprets the system of patient care delivered.
By evaluating and reviewing practices.
Initiating new processes related to Advance Care Planning.
Makes recommendations for practice improvements and collaborated to assure quality of care delivered.
6. Improve patient, family and population outcomes.
Based on research.
Evidence-based practice and innovative healthcare delivery systems.
Professional collaborates with others.
7. Documents all aspects of care provided.
Appropriate and timely manner.
Compliance with organizational, regulatory and professional standards of practice.
8. Attends and participates in team meetings when scheduled to work.
9. Participates in Utilization Review/Quality Improvement record reviews, as requested.
10. Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
All required safety education programs have been attended.
Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
Maintains equipment in condition required by department.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
11. Follows the Confluence Health Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
Demonstrates proper bag technique.
Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, and correct use of protective barrier equipment.
Ensures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
12. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner evidenced by observation.
Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations.
Maintains open communication using appropriate chain of command regarding issues.
Displays a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines.
13. Promotes effective working relations and works as part of a department/team to meet its goals and objectives.
Accepts assignment as preceptor for new staff/student nurses.
Utilizes automated system to communicate inter- and intradepartmentally, as appropriate.
Demonstrates dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Master’s Degree or Masters of Social Work.
- Completion of courses for certification as an Honoring Choices instructor within one year of hire date.
- 5 years of SW experience.
- 3 years in a clinical setting working in advance care planning, chronic disease management, care coordinator, bereavement, Hospice and/or palliative care.
- Current SW license to practice in the state of Washington.
- CPR Certification.
- Current valid driver’s license; availability of auto in good working condition with current insurance and willingness to drive in all types of weather.
- Proficient competent clinical skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment as well as seek guidance when indicated.
- Attentive communication, computer skills, team building, decision making and problem solving, advocacy, delegation, self-aware, flexibility, adaptability, conflict management, and independent practice.
- Organization and time management skills. Effective teaching and communication skills.
- The ability to function autonomously in a non-structured environment.
- Critical and ethical judgment, Foresight, change process. Ability to conceptualize, think abstractly and continuously learn.
- Vision: Knowledge of the business of health care.
- Emotional stability to function effectively in unpredictable situations.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Knowledge of research design, IRB regulations, advance care planning facilitation, Systems and strategic thinking.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply