Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time; Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide Primary Care Integrated Behavioral Medicine services to the patients of Confluence Health within the Primary Care setting.
1. Conducts brief therapy sessions for clinic patients.
2. Maintains open access for urgent appointments for Primary Care patients
3. Assess each patient according to best practice and practice norms
4. Consult and collaborate with clinic providers regarding patients’ mental, physical, and psychosocial needs.
5. Develop ongoing treatment plans for each patient.
6. Communicate with referring provider and/or Primary Care Provider regarding patients’ diagnosis, treatment plan, and status changes.
7. Refer patients for other services as appropriate.
8. Participate with Behavioral Medicine staff at staffing meetings, case reviews, didactic presentations, and for training purposes.
9. Provide consultation with providers on patients with health psychology issues.
10. Participate in medical provider meetings as part of integration and any other meetings as assigned.
11. Present at medical provider meetings on mental health topics and be a representative within the community on similar topics.
12. Exhibit interpersonal skills that promote professionalism, positive team dynamics and a positive attitude.
13. Document all patient interactions within the electronic medical record and using additional forms as required within the required timeframe.
14. Follow all Behavioral Medicine and Primary Care policies and procedures.
15. Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
16. Participate in a unit based QA program.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other job functions that may be deemed necessary.
Master of Social Work or PhD/PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology required.
Minimum one year post-Master’s experience in a health care setting is preferred.
Should have a thorough knowledge of the principals and practices of brief psychotherapy and preferred experience in health psychology.
Current and unrestricted Washington State License, Certification, CPR
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Basic knowledge of the care given in a medical setting
2. Knowledge of psychological assessment, diagnostic, and treatment procedures
3. Knowledge of patient education principles
4. Relate effectively with co-workers, medical providers, staff and function as part of the team
5. Relate effectively to patients, guests, and the general public
6. Work efficiently and flexibly amidst on-going distractions
7. Communicate effectively in written form
8. Work independently with minimal supervision
9. Good organizational skills
10. Speak to others with professionalism
11. Attention to detail and numerical accuracy
12. Respond calmly in an emergency situation
13. Reason and think logically to solve problems
14. Use judgment and make decisions. Consult when necessary
15. Deal effectively with the public in confrontational situations
16. Maintain confidentiality of patient information
17. Examine documents for accuracy and completeness
18. Speak clearly and concisely
19. Negotiate and work through issues
20. Leadership skills and the ability to instruct and train others
21. Type at least 50 wpm is desirable
Requires full range of body motion including manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Requires standing, sitting, and walking plus reaching above and below shoulder height. Requires physically assisting patients and pushing patients in wheelchairs. Occasionally lift and carries items weighing up to 35 lb. Requires use of computer keyboard and telephone. Requires hearing and vision correctable to normal range. Also requires normal speaking ability, depth perception, and sense of touch.
Work is performed in an office and in patient exam, treatment rooms, and occasionally at the hospital where space may be limited and confined. Requires a combination of working independently and also working closely with others. Hours may be irregular at times; working past regular shifts will occur intermittently. Requires working under stressful conditions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Knows CPR and updates these skills annually. Understands and complies with Clinic safety procedures including code and evacuation procedures. Understanding and following all universal blood and body fluid precautions and associated engineering and work practice controls and personal protective equipment requirements is required. Frequent exposure to infectious diseases, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical setting; occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals and potential skin irritants.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health was formed in 2013 as an affiliation between the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center and Central Washington Hospital to create an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with 2 hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in ten communities across North Central Washington state. Over 225 physicians and 100 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diversity of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with good schools and opportunities for the entire family to be involved in culture and arts.Apply