Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
Lead Position Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to regular duties the Section Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Document quality control & follows up to resolve all out of control areas. Maintains records of QC and documents issues.
- Maintains & delegates proficiency testing among section staff including reviews & corrective action.
- Responsible to ensure that preventative maintenance is performed. Trouble shoots & provides support to staff.
- Participates in Quality Improvement & Performance Improvement, maintains records of QA activities.
- Writes, updates and/or change policies & procedures to meet the needs of the Laboratory, CAP, JCAHO, CLIA etc.
- Meets with Sales & Technical Reps. Recommends and assists with instrument selection and implementation. Maintains supplies for all tests within section.
- With adequate experience, Lead MTs will be able to fill in for the supervisory staff.
- Other duties as needs arise in order to maintain the workflow & overall operations of the Section & Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide positive and compassionate care to neonates through geriatric patients. Correlates laboratory methods, procedures and test results with age specific criteria.
2. Performs testing in a timely manner and reports same to meet turn-around-times.
3. Demonstrates the ability to set priorities.
4. Completes work during assigned shift, and leaves minimal amounts for the next shift.
5. Responds to changes in work as necessary, continually uses time to departmental advantage.
6. Writes legibly and accurately, with complete documentation.
7. Documents quality control and follows up to resolve all out of control areas.
8. Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
9. Verifies the name and patient ID on all specimens before performing testing.
10. Documents preventative maintenance and solves problem areas.
11. Participates in Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement.
12. Writes, updates and/or change policies and procedures to meet the needs of the Laboratory, CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, etc.
13. Demonstrates broad knowledge and ability to work in assigned areas of the laboratory.
14. Performs phlebotomy and arterial sticks after appropriate training with minimal distress to our patients.
15. Communicates, co-operates and performs related duties with co-workers in the laboratory, other departments, physicians and patients in a courteous and efficient manner.
16. Performs duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision.
17. Personally develops increased knowledge of laboratory operations in areas other than assigned.
18. Co-operates and helps team members meet the goals of the laboratory and our clients.
19. Maintains confidentiality of all client related information and demonstrates ethical conduct and practices.
20. Has been given compliance training; has read compliance plan and agrees to report issues and help resolve any suspected compliance issues.
21. With adequate experience, Lead MT Technologists will be able to fill in for the supervisory staff.
22. Monitors QC, QA, Performance Improvement and Surveys to meet hospital and laboratory goals.
23. Able to delegate duties as needed and makes sure duties are finished in a timely manner.
24. Assists in employee evaluations and discipline as needed.
25. These duties are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be added to help meet hospital and laboratory goals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelor of Science/Health Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry orrelated science from an accredited school.
2. ASCP certification preferred. Experience will be given preference.
3. Mathematical, reasoning, safety and language skills at the college level are attributes that are needed. This is not an all inclusive list of attributes for a successful candidate.
4. Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply