Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time; Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a member of the Confluence Health management team, the Neurology Service Line Director (SLD) oversees the operations of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Pain Management and ensures the vision and strategy achieves excellence in all aspects of the neurosurgery service line. The SLD partners with Service Line (SL) Physician Manager to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of the medical practice to support the strategic initiatives of Confluence Health. The SLD promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers, and staff by proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions. They are responsible for patient care management, resource management, and fiscal management. Responsible to collaborate with inpatient partner to develop, implement and achieve SL goals.
- Establishes strong partnership and collaborative working relationship with physicians, APC’s, and other team members.
- In partnership with the SVP and Exec Leadership, the SLD and SL Physician develop and implement strategic plan for Service Line. Provides leadership in the development and enhancement of Neurology Services across the continuum of care, which includes facilitating change.
- Represent services to the community, ensuring the provision of innovative community-based education and services.
- Develops and completes comprehensive program-specific situation analysis at least annually, including market share, competitive assessment, utilization, profitability, referral channels and market potential, working collaboratively with Marketing and Business Development.
- With SL Physician partner develops service line goals and objectives across the entire organization. Creates action plans and monitors results. Implements process improvements utilizing CHVS tools and training to meet or exceed targets.
- Focuses clinical efforts to achieve best practice benchmarks for all specialty areas in the service line.
- Directs the operation of Neurology Services throughout the organization including service to satellite campuses. Travel to satellite clinics on a regular basis for gemba rounds and oversight of operations.
- In conjunction with Physician leaders, provide input for APC performance reviews in regards to SL goals.
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports and provides input for indirect reports and makes recommendation for wage rate adjustments annually.
- Provides support and coaching for direct reports and assists with development plans for staff as needed. Mentors new leaders.
4. Disciplines and terminates employees as required in consultation with the HR employment manager.
- Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
- Liaison with SLD colleagues for continuity of care issues across service lines.
- Responsible, in conjunction with SL Physician Manager, for development and implementation of service line budget(s). Responsible for achieving budget targets. Collaborates with Materials Management to negotiate effective contracts and follow-through with vendors for neurology services.
- Works collaboratively with managers and physicians to evaluate and determine new equipment, device, or service line needs.
- Profit and loss responsibility for the service line, including revenue, expenses and budgeting.
- Responsible for execution and achievement of service line goals in alignment with CH mission and strategies. Evaluates trends, variances and problem areas. Works collaboratively with SL Physician Manager and departmental managers to define and/or realign variances.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and standards are in compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Responsible for successful inspections, plans of correction if needed.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist in the service line.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Utilizes Advisory Board resources and trainings for planning, best practice.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concept, practices and procedures.
- Establishes effective strategies for programs and product/service line with the goal of creating high quality, efficient patient centered service lines.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of service line communication standards and channels.
- Ensures development and utilization of Standard Work across the service line.
Provider Relations In Conjunction with SL Physician Manager
1. Participates with physician and APC recruitment for service line.
2. Establishes regular contact with each practice physician and develops working rapport.
3. Assures that physicians receive all pertinent information to achieve the goals of the SL.
1. Supports and promotes a positive image of the practice.
2. Monitors patient feedback and contributes to the process of resolving patient complaints and service issues.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATIONBachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Healthcare or related area and 5 years of related experience required. Master’s Degree in Health Administration or MBA is strongly desired. Clinical background preferred.
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field or related area.
2. Minimum of 3 years of leadership or management experience in a healthcare setting.
3. Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite of software required.
1. Lean Certification/trained.
2. Proficiency with Epic EHR.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply