Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and all other health care team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. (Washington State Nurse Practice Act, WAC, ANA Code of Ethics).
1. Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance to Confluence Health’s Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance.
2. Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote positive visitor, family, and co-worker relations.
3. Exhibits interpersonal skills and professionalism that promotes a positive work environment.
4. Coordinates and provides high quality patient care in a caring and compassionate manor, utilizing the nursing process and unit specific standards of practice.
a. Accurately collects patient information needed to provide safe, high quality care. Completes holistic ongoing assessments of patient’s status and responds appropriately.
b. Develops, implements and continually reassesses patient’s individualized plan of care.
c. Provides nursing care for patients including administration of medications, completion of nursing procedures and/or treatments.
d. Determines and completes appropriate nursing actions to meet care goals; including the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient.
e. Teaches patient/family and/or significant others appropriate health information in a timely manner and shares written informational material.
f. Continual evaluation of discharge plan for appropriateness, educational needs, and changes as needed.
g. Documents care provided, assessments, plan of care, interventions and responses accurately in the patient’s medical record.
h. Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
5. Actively maintains current knowledge base of workflows, process and evidence based procedures.
6. Delegates appropriately and oversees care provided by non-licensed assistive personnel.
7. Participates in performance evaluation/improvement processes with Director/Clinical Manager. Assumes responsibility for own professional development and personal growth.
8. Consistently functions within the guidelines of the Washington Nurse Practice Act, unit specific standards of practice, and keeps current with the legal aspects of nursing.
9. Accurately and concisely processes and communicates information.
10. Communicates and collaborates with members of the healthcare team including physicians, patients and families to facilitate effective patient care and treatment.
11. Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
a. Identifies patient by name and check’s patient name band for correct identification.
b. Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to specific product information, policy and procedure manuals.
c. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety policies and procedures; knows/practices proper body mechanics
d. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and isolation procedures and policies
e. Participates in hospital emergency and disaster drills, knows personal role in the event of a fire and other emergency codes while on duty.
12. Actively participates in quality improvement programs
a. Demonstrates an ongoing awareness of and participation in quality improvement process.
b. Incorporates results obtained through the quality improvement process into practice to enhance performance.
c. Reports to director/clinical manager any suggestions or recommendations for changes within the departmental policies and procedures.
13. Adheres to Confluence Health and Wenatchee Valley Hospital or Central Washington Hospital policies and unit standards as applicable.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Competency Expectations:
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Knowledge Possesses knowledge and/or experience of patient care procedures and processes to provide quality holistic care. Has the ability to navigate situations that are ambiguous and determine the correct action/response to the situation.
Skill Exhibits excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills. Possesses functional technical skills such as computer navigation, equipment utilization and functionality. Demonstrates excellent communication and listening skills with all members of the health care team, patients and families, which promotes open communication and the formation of trust between all parties.
Ability Self-directed, highly motivated with an increased focus on positive customer and staff relationships. Maintains a calm and positive attitude in all situations. Exhibits flexibility in assignments and changes to workflow, which can happen in short period of time. Highly compassionate, patient advocate with an elevated focus on ethical values, integrity and trust. Reliable and ensures tasks are completed in a timely manner. Takes initiative in assisting other care team members. Demonstrates good judgement and presents self in a professional manner.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN standard).
Current licensure in the state of Washington (RCW 18.88).
Completion of formal hospital and unit-specific orientation program.
Must be currently certified in BLS, and recertified as required.
Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Previous experience using an electronic medical record
Previous experience utilizing barcode scanning
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply