Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This is an upper level management position. The Practice Manager III manages the overall operations of assigned practice area(s), ensuring a vision and strategy for future growth. The Practice Manager III partners with a physician manager to implement and manage all aspects of the medical practice to support the strategic initiatives of Confluence Health. This position promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers and staff through proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions.
1. Manages and coaches front office and clinical staff.
2. Conducts the formal review process for each staff member and makes recommendations for wage adjustments.
3. Disciplines and terminates employees as required in consultation with the HR Director.
4. Conducts regular staff meetings.
5. Remains accessible to listen to, converse with, advise and counsel staff in a confidential manner. Serves as a primary resource in solving employee work-related problems and helping employees perform to their potential.
6. Interviews and hires staff to fill vacated and new positions.
7. Mentors and supervises Practice Manager I when assigned.
1. Profit and Loss responsibility for the practice, including revenue, expenses and budgeting.
2. Develops department goals and objectives and operational policies and procedures.
3. Notes process trends, variances, and problem areas and manages to Key Performance Indicators
4. Manages the flow of the practice to insure compliance, access, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
5. Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
6. Develops vision for practice and executes plans to achieve vision.
7. Identifies strategy for growth and executes plans to achieve growth goals.
In conjunction with Physician Manager:
1. Establishes regular contact with each practice physician and develops a working rapport.
2. Assures that physicians receive all pertinent information concerning policies, procedures, events, and state of affairs.
3. Assists with recruitment and retention of provider staff.
1. Supports and promotes a positive image of the practice outside the organization.
2. Monitors patient feedback and contributes to the process of resolving patient complaints and service issues.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATIONMinimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
1. Minimum three years of leadership or management experience in a healthcare setting is required.
2. Lean certification preferred.
3. Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite of software required.
4. Proficiency with Epic EHR and practice management software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
1. Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
2. Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
3. Knowledge of accounting systems, insurance billing and collecting, and budgets.
4. Skill in planning, organizing, and supervising.
5. Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
6. Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients, and the public.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
8. Ability to counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as may become necessary.
9. Ability to delegate authority, responsibility to other staff personnel as deemed necessary to perform their assigned duties.
10. Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
Job entails walking, sitting, standing and climbing stairs. Also required is a full range of body motion including reaching above and below shoulder height; pulling/pushing, lifting/lowering and carrying weights up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and use of keyboard and medical equipment. Requires hand/eye coordination and use of telephone. Requires hearing and vision correctable to normal limits. Normal depth perception, speaking ability and sense of touch required.
Work is done throughout a specific clinical/reception area of the building. Some work areas may be small, crowded, and confined. Job requires both working closely with others and working alone. Hours can vary from a normal schedule and overtime may be required. Stressful working conditions do exist.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires updating CPR skills on an annual basis. Requires understanding and compliance with clinic safety procedures, including code and evacuation procedures. Requires compliance with clinic/area standards pertaining to the use of unscheduled paid time-off and unpaid absences due to medical reasons. Requires understanding and following of all universal blood and body fluids precautions and associated engineering and work practice controls and personal protective equipment requirements. There is likely to be frequent exposure to infectious diseases, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinical setting. Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals and skin irritants may occur. Requires ability to respond to emergency situations without posing a threat to the health or safety of oneself or others.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health was formed in 2013 as an affiliation between the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center and Central Washington Hospital to create an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with 2 hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in ten communities across North Central Washington state. Over 225 physicians and 100 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diversity of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with good schools and opportunities for the entire family to be involved in culture and arts.Apply