Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
POOL POSITION – NO GUARANTEE OF SCHEDULED HOURS
Position Summary: Work to provide a safe environment for all Confluence Health staff and facilities, including hospitals, clinics, on and off-site parking and other facilities by maintaining a physical presence, conducting active security and environmental safety patrols, responding to calls, monitoring CCTV systems, intervening and/or assisting staff with escalated and disruptive clients and performing other duties as assigned.
1. Provide physical presence and support throughout Confluence Health facilities and property to maintain a safe environment. Answer radio and phone calls for assistance. Work with Security Supervision and Management to troubleshoot CCTV camera issues, Access Control and other facility issues. Assist staff, clients and visitors with emergencies and safety/security concerns. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
2. Conduct rounds of Confluence Health facilities on both scheduled and unscheduled tours to identify visitors, strangers, and/or suspicious individuals who have no official Confluence Health business. Verify Confluence Health issued staff/contractor/visitor/ family identification. Enforce security/safety rules and regulations. Ensure company property is not accidentally left in public or inappropriate areas.
3. Assess both the physical and emotional needs of patients, families and visitors to prevent assaultive incidents. Use verbal de-escalation and clinical skills to intervene and assist with disruptive clients; provide both patient watch and special staff support in Inpatient/Staff areas; provide external patient watch support for all clinics and satellite facilitates as assigned. Provide extensive patient watches for suicidal/homicidal patients and watches for families.
4. As assigned, patrol all satellite and staff parking lots to insure staff, vehicle and property safety: may provide jump starts, tire changes, transportation support, and crime scene support at any Confluence Health parking lot. Provide 24/7 support for weather disasters/emergencies providing transportation support for staff as needed.
5. Conduct active Security patrols of facilities and grounds; look for physical/environmental safety hazards such as broken lights, spills, broken doors; document, report and take needed steps to insure prompt repairs.
6. Respond to all Confluence Health “Codes” as appropriate (especially: Gray, Silver, Amber , External and Internal Triage); work with other staff as a team and as appropriate, assign/assume roles, document events, and coordinate event debrief; participate/create response and follow-up plan with Security Services and medical teams.
7. Support and collaborate with local law enforcement and public agencies, within the limits and boundaries of Confluence Health policies and procedures and in accordance with laws and regulations (i.e., RCW’s, JCS, DOH, and other regulatory bodies).
8. Monitor Confluence Health CCTV cameras when available (24/7). Respond and when appropriate, dispatch response teams for all duress/emergent calls.
9. Document activities consistent with current reporting standards, using report forms, Daily Activity Logs and other documents as appropriate. Complete and turn in required Security Services Incident Reports, Daily Activity Logs, follow up reports and any other required paperwork daily or as directed.
10. Perform assorted duties, including but not limited to: door locks/unlocks, fire extinguisher checks, assorted alarms, recovering/assisting with lost and found and patient property as appropriate, assist with helicopter operations as appropriate, monitor RV parking, etc.
11. Maintain confidentiality of all patient information and HIPPA requirements. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
12. Communicate, collaborate and perform security duties in a courteous and respectful manner to achieve overall CH Security Services goals and objectives. Provides an atmosphere in which all employees and visitors know that Confluence Health responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the Clinic. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the facility and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
13. Greet all visitors, patients, staff and physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times. Respond to all requests for service in a professional, helpful and constructive manner
14. Participate and successfully complete all training as required by the Security Services Department and Confluence Health.
15. This position works as part of the security team and will be assigned per the needs of Confluence Health, and at the direction of the Security Services Manager, to include assignment at any Confluence Health location or duty station.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Competency Expectations:
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Strong documentation, reading and writing skills, including basic computer skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work in a stressful and possibly disruptive or dangerous environment.
Ability to work as part of a team in all aspects of the job.
Ability to drive a large van, truck, and/or other fleet vehicles.
Ability to follow directions and take appropriate initiative to accomplish organizational goals.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in English, in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures, including interaction with staff, patients, visitors and others.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Pass a basic background check (no felony convictions)
Current Washington State driver’s license. Must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
Successfully complete and pass other Confluence Health hiring requirements.
Two years prior safety and/or security experience.
Previous military or law enforcement related experience.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
Basic Certifications from IAHSS, ASIS or other recognized security organization.
Physical and emotional ability to work in an environment which may demand patience, understanding and teamwork, while at times requiring physical interaction to de-escalate disruptive patients or others while on Confluence Health property.
Occasional mobile dexterity and strength to physically control, restrain, and take into custody violent person(s) to include annual training in such disciplines.
Constant standing and walking with occasional running, climbing, and jumping.
Occasional lifting of up to 150 pounds.
Visual ability (to include corrective lenses) to perform all above job functions.
Hearing ability (to include corrective devices) to perform all above job functions.
Ability to perform in a demanding work environment and during irregular work hours (including nights, weekends and holidays).
Constant exposure to all weather elements to include heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind.
Infrequent exposure to chemical spills while securing a hazardous material site for containment and clean up.
Health and Safety Requirements:
To be completed within the first six months of employment:
International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification.
MOAB training or equivalent (as determined by Security Services Manager)
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply