Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Friday/Saturday/Sunday; 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Sterile Processing Tech I is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, assembling and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control practices. Must be conscientious with regard to procedures and capable of working under pressure and interfacing professionally with other departments within the hospital. Able to accept new ideas and lean position duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
1. Graduate of high school or equivalent, Sterile Processing experience preferred. Sterile Processing course through Purdue University must be completed with 18 months of hire.
2. Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and nomenclature of items and equipment used by the department. Knowledgeable with cleaning and sterilization procedures and techniques. Basic understanding of various functions of the department. Conscientious regard for technical and minute procedures.
3. Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
4. Must be teamwork oriented, self-starting individual with good judgment and maturity required to accept responsibility in various medical care situations.
5. Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.