Orthopedic Services - Foot & Ankle
Foot & Ankle
Foot and ankle pain is often caused by sudden trauma, but can also be the result of arthritis or a deformity of the bone such as a bunion. Since ligaments do not regenerate on their own, ankles can become unstable as the result of previous sprains. People with unstable ankles can suffer from sudden falls because their ankle/s “gave out.”
Any type of foot or ankle pain can have a significant impact on mobility and quality of life.
Our surgeons offer comprehensive treatment of foot and ankle conditions, including; sports injuries, Club Foot, Charcot Foot, Achilles tendon rupture, ankle or foot sprains or fractures, bunions, etc.
If you are experiencing any of the following foot pain symptoms, it may be time to visit with a foot specialist:
• Numbness or pain in the foot
• Change in sensation or color of skin or toenail
• Swelling or tenderness
• Physical changes to the foot or toe
If you are experiencing any of the following ankle pain symptoms, it may be time to visit with an ankle specialist:
• Sudden intense pain, such as after twisting or rolling your ankle
• Pain when not bearing weight
• Pain that persists for more than two weeks
• Swelling that persists or worsens after 2-3 days
• Limited range of motion due to stiffness, weakness, or swelling
Questions about Foot or Ankle?
To consult with one of our Foot and Ankle specialists, please call (509) 667-7308.