Orthopedic Services – Hip
Pain in one or both hips can be caused by arthritis, injury such as a fall that resulted in a fracture or dislocation, or bursitis. Hip pain can be extremely painful. Confluence Health Orthopedics has several highly qualified hip specialists ready to treat the underlying cause of your hip pain. Even if you had the affected hip joint replaced or treated in the past, call us and make an appointment if you have any of the following symptoms:
• Muscle spasms in your hip
• You recently suffered a fall and walking is extremely painful
• Pain in the hip while lying down or trying to sleep
• Pain or swelling in the thigh and knee
• Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
• Inability to bend or rotate the hip
• Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
Have more questions?
Call us directly at (509) 436-4060.
Hip Replacement Surgery
If joint replacement surgery is the answer, our skilled orthopedic surgeons are specialized in surgical techniques that will get you back to your life faster and with less pain
The Hip Replacement Device
A traditional hip replacement consists of four parts:
1. A metal socket shell
2. A socket liner
3. A new “ball” to replace the head of the thigh bone (femur)
4. A stem that secures the ball within the thigh bone
These components are comprised of state-of-the-art materials such as titanium alloy, cobalt-chrome alloy, ceramic or polyethylene plastic.
The ball is connected to the stem with a special taper junction giving the surgeon more flexibility in determining the right fit for each patient. Your surgeon will choose the device that best meets your needs based on your own unique anatomy and the degree of degeneration in your joint.
Questions about Hip Issues?
To consult with one of our hip pain specialists, please call (509) 436-4060.
Wenatchee Orthopaedics building
Wenatchee Valley Hospital & Clinics – Smith Building
Moses Lake Clinic
Total Joint Care Program:
Our Wenatchee Hip Team
|Broberg, Mark, MD|
|Brown, Chelsea, PA-C
|Cummings, Joel, MD
|Dahl, James, MD
|Ritzke, Daniel, PA-C|