Education & Certifications:
- BS, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon, 1981.
MD, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, 1986.
- Internship and residency, University of California San Francisco, Fresno, California. 1986–1989.
- Chief resident, Internal Medicine, Fresno Valley Medical Center / University of California San Francisco, 1989–1990.
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1990–1993.
- Internal medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine: 1989.
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine: 1993, 2004.
- Therapeutic endoscopy.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Screening and diagnosis of colon and esophageal cancer.
- Assistant clinical professor, University of Washington School of Medicine.