Specialty: General Surgery
Location(s): Wenatchee Valley Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Hess is a board certified general surgeon with special interests in endocrine surgery and gastrointestinal surgery. Originally from the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area, he came to Wenatchee with the goal of providing a high-level of care for his neighbors rather than seeing strangers referred from a long distance as he might in “the big city.” He lives in Wenatchee with his family and enjoys cooking (and eating) and spends as much time as he can out in the Wenatchee environment, be it in the air as a Private Pilot, on the trails or on skis.
Education & Certifications:
- BS, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, cum laude, 1996.
- MD and PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006.
- Internship and residency, General Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 2006–2011.
- American College of Surgeons, Board Certified in General Surgery, 2012
- Endocrine surgery: surgery of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
- Surgical oncology: surgery for cancer of the colon and rectum, breast, skin and other sites.
- Laparoscopic surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgery.
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) by the American College of Surgeons.