Education & Certifications:
- BA, Bennington College, Bennington, Vermont, 1975.
- MD, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1979.
- Internship and residency, Internal Medicine, Roosevelt Hospital, New York, New York, 1979–1982.
- Fellowship, Cardiology, New York Hospital / Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York, 1982–1986.
- Internal medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine: 1982.
- Cardiovascular disease, American Board of Internal Medicine: 1985.
- Echo, ischemic and vascular heart disease.
- Clinical associate professor, University of Washington School of Medicine.