Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
The Health and Wellness Coach is a critical component of Confluence Health’s Wellness Program and supports the program by providing clinical management of the participating population and recommending appropriate referrals to Case Managers, Primary Care Offices, and others who can assist individual members with reaching their Wellness goals.
The Wellness Coach will rely on their education, clinical proficiency, experience, and judgment to plan and execute individual and population-wide strategies that help in accomplishing Wellness Plan goals. Creativity and self motivation is expected to complete the responsibilities of the role, performs a variety of tasks and reports to the Operations Manager of Accountable Care.
- Responsible for developing standard care pathways that identify members needing additional resources to meet their wellness objectives and how referrals to those resources are made.
- Apply standard care pathways in order to move the entire population forward in attaining the Wellness Plan goals and objectives.
- Educate and refer members, as a whole, to available health resources when appropriate.
- Reviewing health assessment results, labs, health risks and assisting Accountable Care’s Medical Director in participant stratification.
- Based on population-wide knowledge, provide recommendations to department leadership on directions needed to improve the overall wellness of the population in order to improve the Employer Wellness Program.
- Review, educate, and help participants; as a group; understand the meaning of key data points regarding their personal health results. Provide population-wide education, as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all PHI in compliance with state and federal law and health plan policy.
- Keeps up-to-date on changes in health care technology to keep health education program material current and relevant.
- Provides clinical oversight and direction to others on the wellness team, as directed by department leadership, including medical assistants or those with lesser medical degrees.
- If needed and as time permits, may provide some additional one-on-one support to specific members regarding their individual health goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of jobperformance at all times.
- Active and unrestricted RN license in Washington State.
- Five years of recent clinical experience, OR Five years of utilization review/case management/clinical/or a combination. Three of the five years must be clinical.
- Experience with direct patient communication (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior service to organizations and individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Five years of recent clinical experience, OR
- Five years of utilization review/case management/clinical/or a combination. Three of the five years must be clinical.
- Knowledge and experience in providing education to individuals with chronic conditions.
- Knowledge of managed care desired.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply