Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
To work as an assistant to the Ophthalmologists or Optometrists and to provide technical services to patients.
1) Obtain patient histories according to department protocol.
2) Perform vision tests.
3) Operate automated Lensometer and check prescriptions.
4) Obtain vital signs according to protocol, and dependent upon licensure.
5) Instill dilation drops per department protocol.
6) Clean and setup rooms between patients.
7) Daily room cleaning and re-stocking room supplies and medications.
8) Maintain and clean instruments per protocol.
9) Clean and maintain equipment.
10) Perform basic clinical eye testing.
Color Vision testing
Stereo Vision testing
11) Perform retinoscopy and refraction.
12) Perform advanced clinical eye testing depending upon experience.
Visual field testing
Optical Coherence Tomography
IOL Master Biometry
13) Assist with procedures, dependent upon licensure.
14) Maintain working knowledge of Ophthalmic procedural/diagnostic coding.
15) Maintain working knowledge of Ophthalmic anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, ocular motility, clinical optics, and contact lenses.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Staff without certification will be expected to seek certification within two years of hire.
- Familiar with basic ophthalmic pharmacology, anatomy and pharmacology.
- Basic knowledge of ophthalmic procedural/diagnostic.
- Ability to take vital signs accurately.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Manual dexterity.
- Attentive to detail and numerical accuracy.
- Ophthalmology experience of at least six months.
- Coursework in medical terminology, ophthalmic pharmacology, microbiology, and ophthalmic anatomy and physiology.
- Experience with computerized scheduling.
- JCAHPO certified Certified Opthalmic Assistant (COA).
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply